Sunday, December 09, 2007

Nibble nibble nibble

I finally got all the hats and scarves together that I knit for charity and boxed them up to ship out. I tried to make them cute and colorful. Being warm and dry shouldn't have to mean boring wool, but I was hard pressed to find much yarn that fit my ideas. I did find some bright colors and mixed them to get the effect I wanted.



Katie had a large competition yesterday, one of those millions-of-cheerleaders glitter everywhere kinds of competitions. Her squad wasn't competing until almost 9pm last night so we didn't head out until about 4 pm. We left Chris and Levi home since we knew it was going to be a late night. (Good thing we did since Levi fell asleep at 6pm and slept until 6am. He must have been beat!) I had the wonderful luck (much like my luck in adoptions) to sit next to a woman with a cowbell and in front of a man with the loudest whistle I have ever heard. I actually had to plug my ears because it HURT when he whistled. By the time we rolled out of there my head was throbbing and my ears ringing. I think I need to go buy a couple of those air-horn blasters for the next competition, but not to use for the girls. I am going to use them to tame the parents. (For the record, these people were not part of our gym)

Katie's squad took first place, although I could tell Katie was struggling. She ended up pulling up a little short on her longest tumbling run, partly because there was another girl standing in the spot she would have landed her back tuck. By the time we were on our way home her throat was killing her and was even more swollen than the day before. Even so, she didn't drop a stunt or touch down in her tumbling. That kid is such a competitor. Next year she wants to join a traveling international squad. She lives for competition.

Nibble, nibble on my house. Who is nibbling on my house? Apparently a little mouse (or boy) has been nibbling on our house. Oh well, it's not about the house, it's about the memories. These are good memories in the making!

No comments: