Thursday, December 06, 2007

Silliness all around

Katie's wonderful friend H. told me this story the other night.

They had just built the KFC near our house and H. and her friends decided to go pick up some chicken one night. They pulled thru the drive-thru and up to the speaker, looking over the menu and trying to decide what each one wanted. They sat there for a few minutes and waited, then finally began yelling into the speaker, "Hello? Hello? We're ready to order." This went on for several minutes until finally some one came out of the back door and up to their car. The man, trying not to laugh, told them the store wasn't open yet and only the building crew was inside. They would not be getting any chicken that night. (Can you guess? Yes, H. has blonde hair)

Yesterday Levi beat the living daylights out of our Christmas tree. I think it was personal. By the time I got home, the garlands were askew, the lights all crooked and the angel on top was hanging sideways. I asked him why he did it, and he just looked at me with a blank stare. I told him all about Santa, and how he was being watched. I laid in on very thick about the naughty list and lumps of coal. Later, I heard him telling Katie she had to be good or Santa would bring her coal. At least he listened to me. I hope it helps because the poor tree won't survive another beating and then I will have to admit to my husband that he was right and I was wrong and we should have put the tree upstairs. Nooooooooo.....

Remember how I told you about Ashley and her flailing appendage syndrome? Well she sprained her ankle in the first quarter of the first game and had to be carried off the floor. She had a great attitude about it and was back practicing by the end of the week. She is giving it 150% and I am so proud of her! She made a basket in the scrimmage game this week. But, her best talent is blocking the ball and stealing it from the other team. She is tall and her arms are fast. That's my girl! (Please note that none of my children inherited any athletic ability from me. Maybe that's why they amaze me so much!)

Levi has decided that he wants to sleep naked every night. Stark naked, or as Chris calls him, Nature Boy. Why? I don't have the foggiest idea. He's funny, though. He lays his jammies next to the bed and puts them on before he comes out of the room. Is modesty finally setting in? Or is the house just too cold to be nakey??? I don't know, but at least he has been keeping his underwear on lately.

Last night, while I was washing Levi's hair, I noticed something strange. He has a bald spot on the back of his head. In closer inspection, I can see that a patch of hair has very neatly been shorn off right down to the roots. I guess I didn't notice it since his hair is so blonde and pretty short anyway. I asked him what happened to his hair. Again with the blank look. My theory is the tree fought back.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Thank you for your wonderful blog! I've been following it for months now.
My blog has gone private. If you would like an invite, please email me at
sweetangelplus4@yahoo.com

Hugs, Esther