Saturday, December 08, 2007

Busy Saturdays

It's Saturday and you all know what that means.....errands, chores, craziness galore! By 11 am we had decorated our gingerbread house, Levi had a haircut and a bath, then we took him to get his picture taken with Santa and picked up all the wrapping paper and supplies I need to begin that phase of the holidays. Chris is at the feed store getting a bale of straw for my strawberry patches and feed for the deer.



He wasn't too sure about Santa. He willingly sat there but he was very nervous and wouldn't talk. I heard Santa trying to talk him into asking for a horse, though. Gee thanks, Santa!



Katie has a terrible case of tonsillitis. It's not a good thing when the doctor looks in your throat and says Oh Boy! I took a picture but I won't gross all of you out with it. Suffice it to say the back of her throat is nasty but she is feeling better already. Thank goodness for antibiotics. She has a cheer competition this evening and she will be there, ready to do her best. She is a trooper!

While I was in the store picking up the wrapping paper, Levi discovered a whoopee cushion. In his loud pipey voice he announced to the whole store, "Look Mom, a FART toy!" and then proceeded to make it fart repeatedly and laugh hysterically. I tried to pretend he wasn't my kid, but he kept calling to me to watch him. At one point he laughed so hard that he tooted loudly and that was so absolutely hysterical that he ended up rolling on the floor. It didn't help that Katie was laughing at him. That just gets him going even more. Just for the record, even though he begged, I did NOT buy the whoopee cushion.

This morning I put a Christmas DVD in to play but it had a big scratch on it and stuck. I looked at levi and asked him if he knew how the big scratch got on it. His answer: "A villian must have gotten it and broken it" Not a bad guy, not his sister, not the dog. A villian. What 4 year old talks like that?

4 comments:

Becca said...

D left a prayer request for your family. It must be hard to be away from your two children. You and your family are in my prayers. Your faith and patience is a lesson for all...

Anonymous said...

I have been reading the blog, and I just have to say that I am so glad we had a girl.

Momto16 said...

Love the gingerbread house!
Praying for your family. You are in my thoughts all the time...
Many Blessings,
Sarah

Krystal said...

Those darn villians!!! Levi stories always give me a laugh :)