Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Hey, it's not Monday anymore!

Katie was absolutely no fun last night. She wouldn't even let the boy get out of his truck (they all drive trucks down here) and he was barely pulling into the driveway and she was sprinting down the walk. He didn't even get to see Chris's shotguns. Man, if you can't torment your teenager then life is no fun. Wah!

I had the best report from Nanny yesterday regarding Levi's behavior. She said he was an absolute angel! I thought maybe the phone call from Santa did it, but it was something completely different. (He isn't a bad boy, but he is active and can get loud) Nanny said that he spent several hours yesterday sitting on the couch trying to learn how to blow a bubble with gum. Hours. Quietly. Is anyone else as amazed as I am? By the time I got home he was blowing bubbles and was on his third piece of bubblegum. His poor little cheeks and tongue must have been so sore! I had to finally force him to spit it out before bed. Now if he would just be that focused on being able to write his name!

I demanded an update from PBJ's agency today and what I got was a long, not helpful, answer. The only new bit of info is that the case worker assigned to us in Minor's Court is on vacation until Jan 15th. Great. You know the only thing that hasn't gone wrong in our adoptions so far is that no one has been abducted by aliens yet. I say 'yet' because just give it time and I am sure that will happen too.

Ashley got to shoot free throws in her game last week, and my little super-star shot two in a row, nothing but net! Her Dad told me he was just sitting there praying she hit something with the ball, and suddenly whoosh, it went right in. He was so proud he was about to burst! He asked her if she had been practicing that at school and she said she did a little, but she had never made one before. Then she looked at him and said, 'Dad, I just do better under pressure'. He said she didn't even look nervous standing there at the line. Way to go Ash!!!!

Tomorrow Katie gets out of school at noon and then I am taking her to get her driver's permit. This is a warning to everyone in the tri-county area. Fifteen year old behind the wheel. Watch out! The Driver's Ed kit I bought has these big dorky signs that say Student Driver that you are supposed to place on your car when they drive. I am thinking of adding flashing lights and a horn, too. Just in case someone even thinks about getting in the way. You have all been warned.......

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Add the horn, add the horn! I'll be the new boyfriend would think that is super cool - bee hee hee hee :)

Way to go, Ashley!

Now I'm going to have to pick up some bubblicious on the way home - think that will work for a 2 year old?

Anonymous said...

I remember a bright yellow pinto that probably needed signs as well...