Sunday, December 23, 2007

Love to all of you

I am amazed at the stories I am hearing, the children who are suffering, the mother's arm who are empty, the money paid and more demanded, kids who appear and disappear as easily as the fog. It makes me sick. I don't know why we ended up with two children stuck in this hell, or why we found this way to connect with all of you, but I am so thankful! We cannot fight all alone. We have to lean on each other. We have to gather our forces and make the changes needed, for the children. My heart swells with the knowledge we are all together. The new year will be all about changes. I promise!!! We will win this challenge because the alternative is inconceivable. The Momma Bears are about to go a hunting......

So, after the holidays, it's WAR!!!! Come, my sisters and my brothers, our children await.

But, in the meantime, we have lives to live, spouses to take care of (oh yeah, and don't they need us!) other kids, jobs, homes, families and much, much more. We are blessed and that makes us stronger. We will draw from that strength and march forward. No matter what, we will be OK. We will have each other.

Now, a bit of normalcy (well, normal for my family!)

As for the special Santa Cookie, it was not a trick of the camera. That Teddy Bear was indeed quite 'special'. He is a 'stand up guy' you might say. Very proud. I am sure Santa will see the specialness and appreciate it very much. I know we all have appreciated it it quite a lot. Hee hee!!!

Today, in the parking lot of Mega mart:
Me: Thank you Levi for holding my hand in the parking lot.
Levi: Don't mention it.
Me: hahahahhahahahahhahahha


Let's discuss the dynamics of divorce on holidays. First, I want to tell you my ex and I are great friends. We really are! He is a good guy. A good father. My friend way before we were married and still my friend. We break all the rules about divorce. We have taken the kids on vacation together, we talk frequently and support each other. Ours is a divorce to be coveted! But, I still have one issue. He is the 'FUN' parent. Ugh! I try to be fun. I try so hard, but he is just plain fun, all the time, all the way. Heck, that's one of the reasons I married him, and one of the reasons I divorced him! How do you compete with that? I schedule dental appointments and flu shots. He takes them shopping and to 6 Flags. I cut their toenails and their hair, he buys them games and clothes. It is always the worst at holidays. This year is no exception. The gifts he got the girls are way cool, top of the line, memorable. I bought them good stuff, but not ones that compete. I have given up. I can't out-do Super-Dad. They deserve to have a Super-Parent, so I will let him do it. He deserves it too. I will be the pretty good parent who you can depend on. I can live with that. Divorce, who knew it was about presents.....

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

That's how it should be! My husband's ex-wife, my oldest daughter's mother, and I are great friends. She came over today to see us and play with our little one. Makes life much easier, and I think it's a great example for the kids.

Although, I don't think any of us qualify as the fun parent...we all toe the same line! I love being the "other mother".

Hope you get good news SOON in the new year about your wee ones.

happykosmo said...

Mama bear too, ready when you are!