Monday, December 31, 2007

Good News!

We received Pre-Approval on Ahren's case! This means that the US Embassy reviewed the documents, the DNA results, and our i171h (approval to adopt) and have approved this case. This is a major step in the process and was one I was very concerned about. There have been many rumors that our facilitator was banned by the US Embassy for fraudulent cases, in which case we would never get approval. Apparently he isn't banned because his name is clearly on our documents and we are approved. Now, as soon as we have the report from the Guatemalan social worker (we might already have this) we are ready to be submitted to PGN, the final court on the Guat side to approve the adoption.

Seriously, I have no idea when Ahren may come home, or if he will be here before Peri Brynn. I have learned not to get my hopes up. There are many more spots that we could hit a major snag. But, for now, I am doing the happy dance and rejoicing!!!

2008 is going to be GREAT!!!!!!!

17 comments:

Kathy said...

Wonderful news!!! I hope you get in and out of PGN very soon! Wishing you nothing but good news in 2008!!

Melany aka Supermom said...

This is SSUUCCCHHH great news!!! I'm so very very happy for you

Gail said...

That is wonderful!! I hope you get into PGN very soon!!
Gail

Krystal said...

Wendy - this is the best news!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

Ellie said...

YAHOOO~~~

I am so happy for you... I wish I could do the Happy PeePee Dance for you, but I am on my way to the Doc with a broken foot! Go Figure! THis is the last thing I need...

BUt... THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD THIS WEEK!!!!!

I AM SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

HUGS
Ellie

Anonymous said...

YEAH WENDY!!!

Look out PGN! Here comes Ahren!!!

Let's hope things move into hyperspeed now.

Julie

Bethany said...

I've been following your blog for several months now. Congratulations on PA! That's awesome news!

Bobbi said...

Now, that is a great way to end one year and start another.

Congratulations!

Kim said...

Congrats on getting PA!!!!! I'm so glad you have this step behind you. Now - on to PGN!!!

Deb said...

YAHHHHHHHHHH! I am so excited for you and the family on this HUGE step. This will be a good year!!!!

Love to you,
Deb AKA Momma Bugmhbfzrh

Nikki said...

That's GREAT!!

Nikki
http://madebynikki.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO WENDY!!! This is a great and HUGE step! What a way to start the new year.

Watch out PGN...Ahren is getting ready to bust your doors right open! Oh, I pray for a speedy run through the "roach motel".

Gayle
Bensjourneyhome.blogspot.com

P.S. Wendy, I know you're busy with the great news....but..Uh-hum...don't you have some other people to tell? You know...LRH!

Angel said...

OH YAY!!!! SOME GOOD NEWS!!! WOOOHHOOO! We will take it. Wow... I have been waiting so long to hear that kind of update of Ahren's case. Awesome. I am so happy for you. Angel

Dawn said...

What a way to end the old year!!! CONGRATULATIONS WENDY AND AHREN!!!!
d:)

JuJu - said...

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you. We hope you get in and out of PGN soon with both Ahren and Peri Brynn too. Wishing you the best in 2008.

Shawna

Becca said...

Congratulations! I'll add you to my prayer list!

Becca
Momma to Ella