Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Divorce killing our planet

Apparently, according to a Univ. of Michigan study (no doubt funded by our tax dollars) divorced couples use 70% more kilowatt hours than married couples. Divorced people are killing our planet.

Well, DUH!
'
How can people who live separately not have higher energy bills? Is it just divorced couples? No, every 'single' person on the planet also uses more energy than those who co-habitate. We paid precious tax dollars to find this out. Many tax dollars. That is insane to me. What is completely transparent to anyone with common sense takes scientists millions of dollars in federal grant money to see. I am a scientist and yet that is completely ridiculous to me! It's time to stop the idiocy!!!! Research should further us, not tell us things that are so apparent. Anyone who condones such research is an idiot, a moron, a failure as a human being. I say this because I AM a researcher. What I do needs to have a real purpose or I am a big failure. Worrying about how much energy I use because I am divorced is NOT an issue. I live with 4 other people. Is that taken into account? Nope. Nuff said. Some research is just stupid and useless. My kids will NOT be attending Mich Univ. No way, No how!

Al Gore still has not contacted me. It's sad, because I have many eco-credits to sell. We use all energy-saving compact fluorescent bulbs, our house is so well insulated that even at freezing temps we have not needed to turn on the furnace (even after we got it running) We have been planting trees, bushes, grass and flowers like crazy. We recycle, we re-use, we re-peat everything we can. And yet, according to the eco-calculators, we are not good people. Mostly that is due to the fact that we use a lot of energy to cool our house during the hot months. Hey, we live in Houston. We try to keep it down but there is those 8 months of the year where the temp and humidity kill us.

How many trees and plants do we need to grow to be Eco-Okay? The answer? No one knows. Solving the problem is not as important as pointing the finger, apparently........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank God you are not letting your kids go to Michigan for college, There is some real nasty poeple who are on the loose there !!!!!!!! LOL !!!
You know who I'm talking about girl!!!!

P.E.Z.