Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Uncle!

OK, that's it, I give. My foot has been hurting too badly to keep hobbling around pretending it's not broken. I normally have a huge tolerance for pain. After my c-section I didn't even take the pain meds, just Tylenol. But by the end of the day I am ready to 'cry Uncle'. So today I am wearing the boot cast. Oh My Goodness does it feel so much better! I figure a couple of weeks of this and I will be as good as new. Geez, what a big baby. In the immortal words of Monty Python, 'It's nobbut a flesh wound!'

I was able to track down the Publicist and confirm it is a real person (no details yet until I take this a bit further) I fianlly called the number the guy gave Katie and sure enough it went to the office of this person. I left a message and an hour later I was on the phone with them. This gentleman had already called the agent and told them about Katie. His words were, 'I met the most beautiful girl. You have to sign her.' So they asked if I could send some photos. I sent 3 candid shots late yesterday. Now we wait and see. It's a funny business. Even if the person is drop-dead gorgeous, if they already have a person to fit that look, they won't sign another one. If they did it would just mean competition among their own talent. Katie and I agree that even if we never hear a word back, it has been totaly a cool experience to have this happen.
By the way, this is the picture I told Katie I sent to the publicist. Hah ahhahahhhahahahahahah!!


When I got home yesterday I discovered that 'someone' had taken a purple marker and colored all the way up the baseboards on the stairs, a bit onto the carpet and a bit on the wall. I was not happy, to say the least. Luckily we only have washable marker in the house. I got a bucket of warm sudsy water and started cleaning. Just what I wanted to do the minute I walked in the door. The whole time I kept telling Levi, 'I am not happy'. He was silent. Then finally he looked at me with a perplexed look and said, 'Well I am happy!'. I think he was confused by why I kept saying I wasn't happy. We had a little discussion after that and then he got it. That and all of the markers went into the trash. He is now back on marker-restrictions. I told him he can't have markers or crayons until he is 5 years old. That's only four months.....Hah! Maybe I should have made it longer......

5 comments:

A said...

Ahh, the good ol' marker problem. I had the same issues when my kids were his age, and I found the quickest way to stop it (and the crayons that found their way on the wall) was to make them clean it up themselves. They didn't like it, and it only took a few times of them having to do it themselves before they stopped!

Mrs. Hany said...

One of your lurkers, and some advice on the modeling agency. Call the better business bureau and they will give a "credibility report" on the business. A lot of agencies are legit but it never hurts to check (I went through this as a teen). A huge red flag that I am sure you are aware of is if they ask you to put out any money in order to take classes or have photos done RUN the other way. Good luck to your daughter, she is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Katie is so darling and I hope this pans out to a wonderful experience for her - and a trip to CA. As for the markers, we both know that 5 years old is not old enough!! HA!

Becca said...

I love your blog - your kids are beautiful! Praying that your daughter is home soon! (As well as moved to a safe new place)

Peace and Hugs,
Becca (Momma to Ella)

junglemama said...

I wouldn't have been happy either.