Monday, February 11, 2008

Pictures times 2!

The guy from our agency called yesterday from Guatemala. He told me he was going to try and visit PBJ at her foster home. I told him not to worry about her because they talk to me all the time and send pics and medical reports. He then proceeded to tell me he had heard bad things about that family and that they kept the kids dirty, full of lice and neglected. I find that hard to believe given the fact she has gained 8 pounds since I saw her in October. All of the bug bites and scabs are gone, her finger nails look clean and cut, and she is sitting up on her own! They tell me she is close to walking and has been crawling for the past month. I think she looks mahvelous. Don't you?Sleepy girl.
She's my little Guatemelon!
Sweaty as usual. This little girl sweats a lot!
We alos got a bunch of pics of Ahren. He is losing the baby face and looking more and more boyish. Looks like I need to get down there and take him for another haircut, though!
He's never very interested in getting his pictures taken.
Get a load of those eyelashes. They almost look fake.
What an angel.



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our babies are so beautiful!!

Krystal said...

Are you serious? Your agency is on crack. First of all, it is apparent that they do not know what they are talking about b/c Perri Brynn looks AMAZING!!!! Secondly, even if they suspected something - why wouldn't they check it out before trying to send you into a panic? What a bunch of jerks!!!!!

Ahren looks so gorgeous. That boy is more handsome than handsome ever was. I love those curls!!!

Mamita J said...

Oh my word! Wendy!!

Those kids look so good. PBJ looks like she is getting along just fine - what a beautiful face! And Ahren - You'd better carry a big stick - to beat off the girls! What I wouldn't do to have eyelashes like that!

Love,
Julie

Susan said...

She looks GREAT! Here's hoping you don't have to wait too much longer.

And that Ahren is a doll.

Hope you have them home soon.

Christina said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Kim said...

Ok - delurking here.

Let me get this straight. You agency had PBJ with a foster family where there were obviously bad things going on. You find her a great foster family, but they aren't a good family. Ok - sure. :)

She looks great!! And those curls that Ahren has - I'm SO jealous!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those pics with us. Your babies look GREAT!
Laura

Yeah So said...

Precious! Every time I see them my heart melts - I just want them to be home with you already...this is ridiculous!

Sarah said...

What precious babies! Perri Brynn looks amazing and very healthy! Ahren is one cute little guy! I hope they are home with you soon!!!

Priscilla said...

oh what joy! lovely darling pictures, and both look well. you were overdue for a pick me up!

Dawn said...

Good grief they are adorable. And had to laugh about the commenter who thinks your agency is on crack. Hehehe! :)
d

Anonymous said...

Wendy,

The are both gorgeous, made me cry they are so precious, they need to be home. I wish praying alone would do the job, its been too long.

Melissa

Melissa said...

Your children are beautiful! They both look happy and healthy.

Anonymous said...

You've got to be kidding me?!?!? She looks amazing!!!! ok, if your agency really believed this, why wouldn't they have placed her in a better home???? Ok, someone needs to lay off the funny cigarettes here. Those people are killing me. Anyway, both your kiddos look beautiful. Glad you got some new pics to keep you going.

Cherrie said...

The babies are beautiful. PBJ looks like an angel! Arhen's hair is awesome...I would not cut it...I love the curls. I cut my youngest son's curls off when he was about four. He recently started to let it grow again, 'cause you know...all super star soccer players have long hair!! Anyway, I bet 95% of the curls are gone...boo!

Anyway, here's hoping they are home soon!
Cherrie in PA

Kim said...

Ok - I was reading everyone's comments and just re-read mine. I'm going to blame the pain medication I'm on - it sure looks like I never made it past 4th grade grammar!!! Yikes!!

Vanessa said...

Your kiddos are gorgeous!! May I ask what part of Guatemala is PBJ from? My little girl's family is from Santiago and she has a resemblence to your little PBJ!! I hope you don't have to wait too much longer!!
HUGS
Vanessa
www.mommyslilblessings.blogspot.com

Angel said...

SOOO GORGEOUS! They look great to me. :0) Angel