Thursday, February 07, 2008

Rant Warning: Serious Venting Ahead

I e-mailed the agency yesterday to ask about an update. I haven't gotten any news in over two weeks, although I have gotten lots of 'promises' and 'soons'. They wrote me back, but there is no news. They have trouble connecting with the attorney, blah blah, blah. Then they go on to tell ME that this is dragging on too long and something needs to be done. Shit Sherlock, Ya THINK? The last they said was that they were meeting the attorney last night and would get info.

Then, this morning, I get an e-mail stating that they spent all their time working on getting the Visa's for the kids that are coming home and didn't get to ask about our case at all. And that's when it happened. With a horrific ripping sound my head flew right off my body and hit the ceiling. Wham! Or at least that's what it felt like.

So let's recap here. They stuck our baby in a foster home where she was neglected and abused, suffered skull fractures and brain damage. They didn't help me at all when I went down there to save her life. In fact, they hadn't paid the medical bills for so long she hadn't even seen a doctor in many months. I paid thousands of dollars for her care and follow up. I found a new foster home. I made all the arrangements. I contacted the US Embassy and enlisted their help.
The agency claims they were scammed by their coordinator who stole all their money and caused the kids to be in danger. They can blame anyone they want, but ultimately they are resonsible.

Our case was kicked out of PGN because the reviewers were not convinced the birth mother understood enough to know her rights. It is possible she is mute as well. They sent our case back to the Court of Minor's which is part of Family Court. The judge had another social worker interview the birth mom and this social worker feels the BM is mentally incapable of understanding the process. When the agency was told this, they assured me they can fix it and make the social worker change her report. WHAT? I absolutely, positively don't want to steal a baby away from someone who doesn't even understand the process. Then again, could she raise a baby? That can't be legal, and it sure isn't morally right.

I am ready to run away, change my name, join the witness protection program or maybe the circus. I am fed up with the garbage that goes along with this process. I am SICK of the people who are players in this charade. I am sick of the endless paperwork and re-do's and documents that always need updating. I want to make the people who hurt my baby pay for it, in painful, painful ways. I want to be like the old lady that went after the cable company and walk into their offices with a baseball bat and start smashing equipment just to get their attention.

And they tell me that this is taking too long and is ridiculous and that something needs to be done. Aaaaasaggghhgjgkk'''!!!!!

8 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I can't even think of anything helpful to say.

Tracey said...

WOW! That is horrible. I can't even imagine. Our process was full of BS, but not like you are experiencing. I HOPE that your agency gets it together ASAP!!

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I have seen your head fly off and hit the ceiling before... I cannot even desribe what happens next...
I am hurting for you so much. I just want your little peanuts home so you can love them and I can visit to love them too! I love you more than words!!

Priscilla said...

I don't even know what to say, other than I think the baseball bat idea is a good one.

Anonymous said...

Wendy I feel so bad for you. I have been following your blog for a while and you have been thru SO much. I wish there was something I could do to help you. I will continue to pray for divine intervention.

Laura

Nikki said...

That's ridiculous. I am angry for you!!!

Nikki
http://dreamasifyouwillliveforever.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Well, as I was reading this, I found your head on the ceiling as I "hit the roof" upon reading all this craziness!!! These people need to pay but mostly, PBJ needs to be home. Praying for you lots tonight....((HUGS))

Cherrie said...

aI have been reading for a while now. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going thru.
Please know you and your family are in my prayers here in PA.
Cherrie