Thursday, February 14, 2008

Kid Crazies

My kids are crazy. Or maybe we all are, but especially the kids. My phone rang this morning at work.

Ring: Hello
KT: Don't you love me anymore?
Me: Huh?
KT: Don't you love me anymore? Chris left me a Valentines but you didn't. You don't love me.
Me: I was going to give them to you tonight.
KT: Oh, good. Love you, Bye.

Periodically, they will come home from school with some news and I have to just shake my head. One day I was told that it is better to lick the toilet seat in Grand Central Station than to kiss your dog. There are more germs in a dog's mouth than the toilet. Well, maybe, but which one might have more pathogenic bacteria? I think I'll just stay safe and not kiss a dog or lick a toilet seat thank you very much.

And then there is the story that lip gloss makers put stuff in their products that cause you to be addicted to them and dry out your lips so you use them more. Oh right, I did read that story about the kids dropping out of high school to do gloss.....NOT.

My friend's daughter has recently become a vegan and has been on a mission to convert her entire family. She is full of stories about the atrocities perpetrated on animals in the name of food. Her latest wish is to change their dog's brand of food because it was tested on animals. Dog food, tested on animals. Who'd have thought? I wonder what they tested the vegan-approved brand on? Toddlers?

Katie got her permit last week. Amazing how easy the test is when you actually read the book! I have been letting her drive in the neighborhood and close by. So far I haven't freaked out and yelled at her or screamed in terror. I may need more heart medication, though. She is actually a very cautious and attentive driver. She is mostly just getting used to the feel of the car, the brakes and gas, accelerating and stopping, etc. We'll do this for a while before we venture out into serious traffic and maybe in a year or two I might teach her to get on the freeway. Or not. Maybe her husband can teach her that someday......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you planning on marrying her off any time soon? You had better just stock up on heart meds. Alexa went vegan because she learned in Geography class that all salmon have worms; the very day I decided to have salmon for dinner. Geography class? She also went to school today with a big paper heart around her neck with yarn, like a pre-schooler, for some school thing. Imagine if I had asked her to do something like that... Yeah right! Just so you know, I am following every word you utter!! It makes compete sense in our household - just crazy!

Corey said...

I follow your blog... I am a guatmamma and I live in Orlando... if you would like to meet up when you are down here shoot me
gaynesadventuresinparenting.blogspot.com

Yeah So said...

Interesting about the lip gloss - might explain why I have them in every pocket, drawer and bag I own...