Sunday, February 17, 2008

A missing boy and a drowned rat

This morning I took a minute to stop in the bathroom and when I got back I couldn't find Levi.  I left him sitting on the couch watching TV. I looked in the kitchen. No Levi. I looked in his room. No Levi. The other bathrooms, our bedroom, the sunroom. Nope. I called his name and I heard giggles. Good thing the kid can't keep quiet! Want to know where I found him? I'll let you guess........

Joli was stinky, and muddy and there was something suspiciously like sucker stuck to her snout. It was time for a bath. She is up to 4 pounds so it took quite a bit of wrestling (not) to get her into the sink. Look how pathetic she looks. Poor little drowned rat!
She sure cleaned up cute, though! The bow lasted 2 minutes and then she got it off and tried to eat it. (Levi doesn't usually hold her in that death grip, he was trying to help with the picture) 
I guess we didn't traumatize her too badly. She seemed very interested in her human companion getting a bath too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a weekend of just pure cute! I bet they smell good, too!

LouLou said...

Wendy,
You make me miss my baby Yorkies.... I had Rocky first...he weighed about 10 pounds and Gigi next.... She was TINY. I do have to say that mine were dumb as a box of rocks, but I adored them anyway..... Hmmmmmmmm, should I get a new dog???? Andrew may divorce me!

Melany aka Supermom said...

Hehehhe cute place to hide! That little doggie is so pretty

Anonymous said...

I wanted to post a comment this time, even if my english is not very sure, because I thought it aleready as he played jail and now I must "write it out loud": your son is a genius. Don't tell him yet, but he sure is brilliant!
Greetings from Switzerland!
Karin, adoptive mum to 2 girls from Colombia