Tuesday, February 26, 2008

PBJ updates and a Random Offer

Update at bottom:

First they were going to move her, then not, then yes, then maybe, and finally they moved her yesterday. These are pics taken at the doctors office where they switched her. The doctor said she looked fine, unlike some of the other kids he has moved for the agency recently. Today or tomorrow she is getting a full physical to assess her health and development. In these pics she looks very good, although very sweaty. She is always soaked with sweat. Maybe it has something to do with the 15 layers of clothes they keep on kids down there.


Can anyone recognize the toy PBJ is playing with, there in front of her? Why it's a model of the female reproductive tract. Do you think Fisher Price makes these?????

Last Friday Katie was out to dinner with some friends when an older man approached her. He gave her some information for an agent in Los Angeles and told her to have me contact them. My mommy radar went off and I assumed the worst, but the name he gave her appears to be legitimate, the website he gave her is legit too. Then again, anyone could look that up and use it. He didn't want her to 'come to his loft' or anything, just have her mom contact the agent. So I called the number. It went to the voice mail of a person with the right name. I left a message. If they call me back, I will then call the generic agency number and double check. I don't know how else to be sure it is legit. I have always thought she was adorable and she has done some modeling and runway work for fun, but a publicist? Scary!

I was able to do some research on this 'publicist' and the person is legit. I did a track-back on the phone number and it goes to the agency they said. I eventually talked to the director and they said the man who approached my daughter had already called them and told them about her. I am getting some info from other sources on the agency. I sent them 3 candid photos and they will get back to me. If they are interested I will do as one commentor suggested and contact the BBB and AG's office. (Thanks!!!) This is all so foreign to me. We have had other people approach her, people from local agencies and such, but this appears to be the major leagues. Gosh, how am I ever going to learn to act like a psycho stage mom???? (Maybe I can learn to channel Lyn Spears, Brittany's mom....) 

10 comments:

Kids Special Needs said...

When are you going to Disney World? We are going for 10 days in APRIL also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We haven't booked yet, but will be at the end of April thru early May. Contact me!!!!!

Kids Special Needs said...

Hey, while I was writing that first comment, My husband booked the trip to Disney World.

email me at sweetangelplus4@yahoo.com & I can tell you the dates we'll be there.

Hugs, Esther

Anonymous said...

Los Angels... Wow, that is soooo close to someone you adore and love!!!-----Yeah, ME!

Sarah said...

Poor PBJ... I bet this is all so confusing to her. Does this mean your agency moved her to another foster home of their choosing? She does look beautiful and alert. Sending her loads of prayers!

And, I can see why Katie was approached... very cool! Hope it works out!

Susan said...

I think PBJ is the prettiest little thing -- I hope she's home soon.

Actually, all three of your daughters are beautiful.

As for the unsolicited offer, I would google the agent's name and the agency's name just for a preliminary check for any horror stories. Then I would check with the Better Business Bureau in LA. Then I would check with the Calif. Attorney General's office to see if there have been any complaints against these folks. That'll give you a good start in calming your fears (I'm a mommy AND a journalist, so I would be super skeptical). I think you're right to be skeptical, but I also think your daughter is very pretty and might very well attract the attention of a legitimate agency. And I like that he told her to have her mom call. So check it out and see where it takes you! It's certainly very exciting.

Natalie C. said...

To see her in person, pictures just don't do her justice...She is stunning.

Anonymous said...

Happy to see PBJ is doing well. Her toy is fabulous, I must get one myself.. wonder if BabysRUs sells them?? I think DD would prefer blue over pink, LOL! After another horrible day you put a smile on my face!

That would be great for your eldest if this is legit. I was approached in Japan for hair commercials... it does happen and sounds like you are doing your research. It would be good $$ to pay for school!

HappyK

Candy said...

OK GIRL PBJ...is a CUTIE and that TOY...well I will see if I can find one on the TOYS R US WEBSITE...HAHA

Katie IS A SUPER MODEL....You go Getto Barbie!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy,

Did you see the new post on Guatadopt? I'm sure you've already done this, but just in case you hadn't heard.

Love,
Julie

Amy said...

Hi Wendy-
We just brought our daughter home in October and in all the pictures I received of her, she had the same "wet head" look - like she just spent some time in a sweat box. On our visit trip and pick up trip, I realized that it was actually some sort of lotion or oil that the foster mother was putting in her hair. Maybe it's the same for PBJ. She's adorable, by the way!

Amy