Friday, February 08, 2008

Can't stay mad when there's a baby to hold

I did my venting and now my sense of humor has returned (just as twisted as before unfortunately) Last night I got to see some of the most amazing people in the whole world. That shook me out of my funk.

Let's go back to October 2006 shall we. Katie and I had travelled to Guatemala for the very first time and we were in the lobby waiting for them to bring Ahren to us. We got to chatting with 2 women who were also hanging out in the lobby. One already had her baby girl with her and the other was waiting on hers to arrive, just like us. The baby girl was about 8 months old and had the most adorable little piggy tails sticking up off her head. She was full of personality and I really enjoyed talking to her mom. Later, when we left Guat, they were on the same flight we were and we continued talking and sharing. Then she did the unimagineable. She let me hold her new daughter. The precious child she had waited and dreamed of for so long. She let me hold her. That meant the world to me and I tear up to this day thinking about how she shared her child with me because she knew how hard it was to leave mine behind.

We have kept in touch since then. Yesterday, she was on her way home from Guat with her new son and she had a layover here. I loaded up the kids and headed to the airport where we camped out like a motley crew of stalkers outside the customs/immigration exit. We had a lovely visit, and once again I got to hold her new child. He is the happiest most adorable little guy, just an absolute doll. I will let her post pics since it's not my child. But let me tell you, he is gorgeous and just laughs and smiles all the time. I am so happy for them all!!!!

So Ellie, Angelena and Angelo, congrats on being a family and we love you all!!!!! I am honored to have been there to share in your homecomings. I am sending you all big hugs and kisses!!

3 comments:

Candy said...

NO FAIR that would have been so fun to see them at the airport...Hugs

Ellie said...

Gosh Wendy... You made me cry... HAHAHA... ACTUALLY, I haven't stopped crying. From the minute we landed in Houston...

I was so happy that you were there to meet us... And, yes... As I handed over Angelena to you on the plane back in Oct 06, the minute I pushed those Custom Doors Open, I again... Put my little (or should I say BIG)Angelo in your arms... You and your family are amazing, and I know that we were put in the lobby on that day back in Oct to meet... You are like family to me, and I can't wait for us to meet again! We will have our own little Guata Fest once your 2 Angels get home!

HUGS
ELLIE

Anonymous said...

Oh Wendy, you have me in tears here. What a special gift that was for you.