Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Around and Around and Around

So late yesterday the agency for PBJ called and said we are now registered and gave me the number. It is dated Feb. 12th. I really don't know what to think about that. It's kind of convenient timing, and yet maybe when they said they submitted it without all the paperwork and then provided the documents later, that is how it really was. I will be checking to be sure it is valid.

How am I supposed to know what is the truth and what is not. Here are some of the things they have said in the past few days. You tell me if you can make sense out of them.

1) H. is bad news. H. is connected tot he really bad M. We do not trust H.
Who do you have handling things right now? H.

2) C. is gone. C. did whatever the really bad M. said so C. had to go.
How did you find the foster family? C. took me there.

3) The foster family did not move. C. took me right to their house. But then they said the foster family wasn't there. They live somewhere else around the corner now. (I thought you said they didn't move?)

4) In October we were told they spent all day in court with the birth mother, a translator and the judge and by the end of the day the judge ruled favorably. Then we were told the judge went on vacation from Nov. until Jan. Then we were told the social worker hadn't finished the report to the judge, but the SW had determined the birth mother was mentally impaired. We have also been told the birth mother is shy, speaks a different dialect and is listed as mute on her documents. But M. says she talks to her all the time. (M. does NOT speak the Mayan dialect....)

5) We were told the 2nd foster family quit becasue they were scared. The other family who had a child with them was told that foster family was fired. Now I was told they quit because M. wasn't paying them.

6) No one seems to know who the foster family was that had PBJ when she was injured. It's 'somewhere' in M.'s files..... What did they have her with, a pack of wolves?????

There is more. It's so confusing. They tell me all kinds of un-related stories and my head just spins. The attorney on our POA is the boss of the attorney who is working the case, but the real attorney who was in charge quit so they want to bring in another attorney. When I asked who had legal custody of PBJ they weren't sure. Great. They told everyone they had threatened M. with jail if she didn't help them to clean up this mess. Then they blamed my foster mom for telling M. that they were threatening to have her arrested. Shoot, I told our foster mother that if M. showed up to call the police.

I want off this ride. Please?????

7 comments:

Nora Glenys said...

Have you contacted Adoption Supervisors? They can find out what is happening and will at least tell you the truth. If you haven't contacted them you need to.

Pam

Anonymous said...

I agree with nora glenys comment. You should contact Adoption Supervisors, (if you haven't). This is unaceptable, you have been thru too much, and like you, your babies WAIT. I say this with great concern, I smell a rat x2.

Prayers
Laura

Faith, Family, Future said...

Round and round the mulberry bush the monkey chased the wessel......

Sounds kind of like our adoption stories with the agency and facilitator, doesn't Wendy?

Girl, I want off too!! Same crap here and more!!!! I got a GOOD one to tell you but can't put it on here.

I am with everyone else, hire another attorney. Crap we have 5 right now and still aren't getting anywhere.

They are a piece of work, ALL OF THEM!!!! If you haven't looked at my blog lately? Check it out. We just figured out that of the 16 months we have been doing this only 5 months have actually had someone working on the case.

I'm still praying for us all but wondering how we will ever get through this.

Much love,
Tammy

Kathy said...

I am just shaking my head at your last 2 posts. What is wrong with these people? These are children they are dealing with and it is unfair to them and your family at home. I hope and pray something positive happens soon and those 2 little angels come home to you.

Lucinda Naia said...

I have no words for the merry-go-round that is anything but merry & fun!

Just shaking my head at the horrible decisions people make and the repercussions felt in children's lives....

Anonymous said...

It seems like something like this is an actual representation of how things can go very wrong with Guatemalan adoptions.

If you want opinions, sounds like your case, PBJ's, may not be that clean as you would like it to be and for that matter, as all cases should be. Take the fact that you were told that the SW, doing the report, stated that she would be willing to change the report after speaking w/attorney, even though, she believes the BM is not capable of understanding what it meas to terminate her parental rights.
The question would be, are you willing to proceed knowing that someone may or will fraudulently fix the report so that the case can move on? Knowing that the BM may, indeed, not understand what is really happening to her child?

Your heart is with those children, no question about it, but where do you draw the line?

Pat

Angel said...

Girl... You are the BOMB! I was so happy to finally get to hang out with you live and in person. It was really fun! Hugs, Angel