Saturday, February 23, 2008

Good News and Some Fun

We got independent confirmation that PBJ is definitely registered with the Central Authority. We also found out that they got a hearing in front of the judge scheduled for March. They will bring in the birth mom, a translator, the attorneys and the social worker.....and ME! I get to be there. I will bring my own translator so that I don't miss a thing. We will finally get to hear the truth and see it for myself. This is better than I could have hoped for. I will get to meet her BM and find out the truth for myself. I am over the moon!!!!


Last Wed. I got the chance of a lifetime. I got to meet a group of other Guat Tots and their Moms. These are people who I only knew thru the blogging world. Incredible women who know so well what it takes to adopt and survive, thrive and build a family the Guat way. 
From left to right:
Natalie from http://cooksadoption.blogspot.com/
Me 
Angel from http://thevoiceofadventure.blogspot.com/
Candy from http://thekyashow.blog

Natalie brought her Guat tot Caleb, her mother (I think, forgot to pry and ask ;-) and her nephew Ty. Candy brought Kya Blu, her friend Cassie and her daughter Carly. Angel brought Zoe and KK, and I took Katie, Levi and our friend's daughter Mina. I hope I didn't miss anyone. Candy set it up for us to all meet at the Children's Museum in The Woodlands Mall. We had a wonderful time. The kids played, the adults talked (and talked and talked) It was fabulous to finally meet in person.


Her is Zoe and KK in the dino dig.
Precious Kya Blu, a little peanut with a huge personality.
The most dashing Caleb. Love his spiked hair. He is quiet and calm, even with all the girls around him.
I will have to post more pix in another post. Blogger is giving me fits. Watch for the next round of pics!

10 comments:

Christina said...

That is AWESOME news and the chance to meet the BM will be something to never be forgotten.

Lucinda Naia said...

I'm thrilled to hear you will get to be in court with her birthmom! That is just a HUGE blessing. My belief is that meeting will help everyone involved.

Love the pictures you shared - I visit Angel's blog regularly & got such a kick out of the little video she posted. It made me wish I lived in Texas (it was a fleeting wish at best though because I love my mountains here in Arizona)

Anonymous said...

Wicked awesome, as Alexa would say!!

Ellie said...

YAYAYAYAYA to the COurt date, hearing, and YOU BEING THERE!!!! I know this will mean the world to you... I know you WILL GET ALL YOUR QUESTIONED ANSWERED!!!!

As for the Guat Tot Gathering... I so wish I was there! But, not in TX.. (WINK)

Glad to see your spirits up...

HUGS
Ellie

Angel said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!! OH WOW!!!! I am so very happy and can hardly believe it. Wow. Do you know when in March? Hugs to you friend. I was so glad to get to hang out with you in person. Angel

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! OMG!! OMG!! That is soooo wonderful!!! I'm so glad the case is registered and that you will find the truth. God is walking with you and PBJ!

HappyK

Natalie C. said...

Wow, you get to meet the BM...that's exciting...

It was so great meeting you too. I hope to do it again soon!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you are getting some answers and the opportunity to "see" for yourself. It's just around the corner. We'll be praying....

Candy said...

OH GIRL PLEASE...Tell me you will be down there the week I am there...Shoot me an email if you have your dates for court. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. I am SO glad you came on WED. I knew you would be as FUNNY and WONDERFUL in person...and Girl I forgot to even mention your hair...I think it looks fine. I do really love GETTO BARBIE and she is going to have so much fun with A and PBJ. CONGRATS on some GOOD NEWS...Maybe us NUTTY GUATE TOT MOMS turned your luck around. HUGS

Krystal said...

Whew - thank goodness your case is *really* registered! I'm glad that you get to go to the hearing and meet the birthmother . . . wish I could go with you ;)