Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Want my autograph???

I got a call yesterday from the local NBC television station. They are the affiliates of the station in Michigan who did the 5 month undercover story on Waiting Angels. They wanted to come interview us, last night. Umm, ok. So at 7pm the nicest reporter shows up. His name is Ryan and he was absolutely adorable and so kind. He brought a film crew and we did an interview about Ahren's adoption case. They aired it as the lead story on the 10 pm news last night, and have been airing it every hour during their morning show. The story turned out wonderfully. They didn't beat up on Guat adopotions, instead they focused on Waiting Angels and the crimes they are accused of. It was an emotional, heart-felt story.

Here's the link to the story: (Lord I hate the way I look on TV!)


http://www.click2houston.com/news/13276170/detail.html

We got new pictures of our little man, too! He's wearing one of the outfits I sent to him. His foster mom tells me he doesn't like to go there to get his pictures taken, and he gives those people a frowning eyebrows face. I do see the hint of a smile but he's just more studious. He is growing taller and slimming down. Turning into a little boy. My little boy.




Get a load of that hair! He looks like he is wearing a bad wig or something. I don't think it has ever been cut. Don't get me wrong, I love his curls, but a trim is much overdue. Does anyone else think he resembles Super Fly?

4 comments:

Krystal said...

Awesome!! Finally a news story that focuses on the facts instead of trying to twist them into what sells. Wendy, you guys looks great (including Levi who made me laugh with all that bouncing around), and you did a TERRIFIC job representing all of the families that have been taken advantage of. I want your autograph b/c you've been my hero for a long time now!!!!

Elle said...

Fantastic segment! No, you didn't look terrible, and Levi was just as cute as ever.

Melany aka Supermom said...

You are famous indeed! Hopefully some official somewhere will decide to take your struggle with the adoption and pull some strings

Anonymous said...

Nice to have a face to go with the voice and the messages on yahoo groups. It was a good segment. I hope the press coverage continues on WA and builds so that other PAP's know the warning signs.

BB