Thursday, May 17, 2007

Boys and Bodily Functions

I learned all about the fascination boys have for bodily functions during my first marriage (from first hubby who is and was a big kid). Burping, tooting, making fake burp and toot noises, boogers, spit, etc etc.

Now Levi has hit a phase where these things are always on his mind. I hear the word poo-poo all day long. We talk about poo-poo, laugh about poo-poo and offend people with poo-poo. (Only at home, he is not allowed to do this outside of the house) He walks around making fake burping noises and cracks up if he toots. But, the worst of it is........................he has been experimenting with the whole potty process. Last week he peed in a cup on the bathroom rug. The week before he peed in the trash can. Yesterday was the worst, though. Nanny was on the phone and didn't realize he had been in the bathroom for quite a while. When she found him he had poo-poo all over the seat, on the floor, on his shoe and pretty much everywhere else. He looked up at her and said, "I squished it!" Levi went in the tub, the rug into the washer and everything else was washed down with Clorox.

Levi likes to pee on things outside, too. He will frequently ask to go out to pee on a bush. Warning to whomever buys our house...the bushes like pee pee! I wonder if this helps keep the deer and armadillos away?

Little boys are definitely different than little girls, but they are so fun in their own way. Yesterday I called Levi my little snicklefritz and he told me I can call him that but I can't call him marshmallow. And he showed me he can count in spanish: Uno, dos, tuna, quatro....

See why I am always smiling!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny :). And I completely understand what you're going through, as I have three little boys! Last year my oldest (who's 8 yrs) came home from school and ,very proudly, showed me how he learned how to make armpit farts. Now he does them regularly as well as with the backs of his knees (are they called knee-pits?, lol).It's hard not to laugh along with them sometimes :). After all, boys will be boys.

Melany aka Supermom said...

I'm so thankful my boys never did that. I'm pretty sure that during their teenage years, I'll get lots of that!