Friday, May 04, 2007

I am saying it out LOUD

I have never revealed the name of our BAD agency until today. Waiting Angels Adoption Services. There, I said it. Waiting Angels, Waiting Angels, Waiting Angels. Hah! Why do I feel safe revealing it now? Well because the arrested the two people who run it. They recovered half a million dollars in cash from their homes. (What complete and total idiots! Who keeps money like that hidden in their home if it's not illegal funds?) They have charged them with felony racketeering. We are now working directly with the attorneys in Guatemala to get Ahren home. Here is the undercover investigative report, parts 1 and 2. I don't have to say anything bad about these people, they pretty much did it themselves.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/13249134/index.html
http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/13256947/index.html

I have never felt safe saying anything about these people because they have threatened me, yelled at me, intimidated me. All I want is to bring Ahren home, so we kept our heads down and played nicey-nice. Now the gloves are off. These people are being revealed for what they are. Criminals. I wish I could say all the names I want to call them, but I won't. Just watch the videos and be amazed at how incredibly stupid some people are.....

7 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I can't believe this!! I bet it feels so good to just yell that name to everyone.

Anonymous said...

I watched the news clip ... one word - shocking. How someone can do such a thing & betray the trust of so many people is unbelievable.

Krystal said...

Obviously I am glad that WA is shut down, and they should throw the book at these two. . . but man, I hate the media!!! They took a story of a couple of scam artists and immediately turned it into a sweeping generalization that all Guatemalan adoptions are part of a baby-selling industry. Please explain how you can expose these 2 as total liars in one segment and then use them as your "proof" in another???

Michelle Smiles said...

I hate hearing that agencies take advantage of people who only want to bring children into their lives. Glad you can finally reveal who they are.

Unknown said...

As someone who currently is in an adoption with Reaching Arms International and Mary Bonn, I can completely understand what you are going through. I have been following the WA stories as closely as the RAI stories. I pray for all the families and most especially for the children.

I know from my end we are far from being through with the crooks at RAI.

All AP must contimue to speak out and stop this illegal, unethical behavior that I think ia a MAJOR issue with agencies in the US.

Anonymous said...

Just want to let you know another PAP/plaintiff in IL is with all RAI and WA clients dealing with the problems they face. It's not easy suing an agency and you all have a hard road ahead. But if PAP's don't take the steps that you all did to stop poor adoption practices, it flourishes and gets worse. Wishing you the best.

Paula

Latharia said...

Oh, how scary! We are currently looking for an adoption agency & will steer clear of these guys, if they're still in operation!