Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I need a big helping of boredom

I think back over the past few weeks and I wonder how we possibly could be dealing with all of this at the same time. I am living a Lifetime movie, only it's so bizarre no one would believe it. So today you get a big ol' helping of boredom.

I was trying to get a picture of Levi in his cute little church outfit and this is what I got. Doesn't this just scream TROUBLE!!



Oh, and does this boy have some smooth moves or what. I can pretty much guarantee you will never see him on Dancing with the Stars.


In addition to deer and lions, we have some big racoons who have discovered the joys of our pond. It's going to be a real nature preserve back there. If we do enough work we can get a tax credit for wildlife. That's my goal.

I think we must have 4-5 feet of water already. I volunteered to jump in and measure it, but Chris just looked at me like I was insane. Well, yeah, but so what??? You married me!



So far it seems like we have had way too many little oops moments on our house. The latest is the stone they put on the front columns. They ran out finishing the house and had to order some more. Here is what it looks like on the house. It is supposed to be rich and warm with lots of earth tones.

The columns are lighter and more gray. It's hard to tell in these pictures but in the bright sunlight it is quite different. Here is a column beside the house stone. This is after they tried to paint some sort of stain on the stone to make it match. I still don't like it.


Are you yawning yet? Good old boring day-to-day ramblings. I feel so much better already.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Hello! You're building a dream house, that's not boring - that's awesome!!!! You guys REALLY have a lot going on, and you're handling it like pros!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

The house and pond are looking great. You better watch Levi really close. He looks like he could really get into some trouble.