Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Slow Motion Craziness

I mentioned a while back that my heart is prone to skipping beats (PVC's) and was acting up again. As a side affect of skipping beats, my heart rate was high (120+ bpm) and my blood pressure was high too. They put me on a 30-day heart monitor (oh, the joys of those irritating little sticky patches) and the cardiologist put me on meds to stop the arrythmia. I feel terrific!!!! Only problem is it is working a little too good. My blood pressure is now running 90/50. Oh well, my body will adjust. I am just thrilled that I feel so darn good!!!!!

For those of you who are asking what kolaches are, they are sausages with or without cheese, rolled in dough and baked. In the north we called them pigs in a blanket. In the south they are kolaches. Whatever you call them, they are delightfully sinful grease/carb breakfast bombs.

It looks like we sold our house this weekend. The offer came yesterday and we countered back and forth a bit and came to an agreement today. They want to close just days after we move so the timing is perfect. Whew! One more thing off my back. They are a young family moving here from Utah for his job. They have 4 kids so our house is perfect. I hope we get to meet them and know them because they sound really great.

Yesterday they gave us only 5 minutes warning before showing our house. I had just walked in the door from Wal Mart with armloads of bags. I started yelling 'All hands on deck" and everyone scrambled and did their assigned jobs and we pulled out of the driveway as the realtor turned the corner. We drove around for a little bit then stopped at a store for a couple of things. Katie took Levi to go potty and when she came out her eyes were really big. She whispers to me, "Did you know he isn't wearing any underwear?" Good grief, in our rush I forgot the underwear check! The Commando Kid strikes again.

We are hoping to close on our new house June 12/13th. Everything is moving pretty quickly now. The granite countertops should go in tomorrow. Wahoo! I will post lots of pix later this week. It has been pretty boring for a while now. Did anyone really want to see pictures of doorknobs???? Smoke detectors?? The doorbell????? I didn't think so. Now the fun stuff is happening. It is finally seeming real. Ten months after signing the deal we will have a home. I swear to God I am NEVER doing this again!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Yeah-- Congrats on the deal and sounds like great timing. Enjoy the new place.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I grew up in the south and we them things pigs in a blanket. Love them!!! Now I want them, thanks!!! They don't go with my diet. Glad to hear that you sold your house. I know you will be sooooo glad to get in your new one with ALL of your kids.