Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday Ramblings

Here are some eclectic thoughts from my recent memory....

Why do people consider adopted children so different? Every child is unique. Every child has their own story. Why is adoption so different? I must be missing something. Maybe it's because so many people in my family are adopted. Maybe it is just the norm for us but so very unusual for others? It really amazes me. Perplexes me. Concerns me.....

Why in the world does my 3, almost 4 year old son, keep taking his underwear off and hiding it? Every day for the past 2 weeks he goes in to potty, which he handles all by himself, comes back out and later I discover he is going commando. After searching I find his underwear in the cabinet, the toy box, the tissue box, anywhere but on his bottom. It's not wet, he hasn't had an accident. He can't tell me why he does it either. I thought maybe his underwear was 'crowding' him so I got him some boxer briefs (they have them in 2t - yeah!) but they have met the same fate as the jockey style. This wouldn't be such a big deal, but he is so skinny his shorts are very loose around him, thus providing many peekaboo moments. We have had to institute underwear checks......

I have started knitting items for a charity called Warm Woolies (http://www.warmwoolies.org/) I need something to keep me occupied and I learned to knit last year and really enjoy it. Unfortunately, there just isn't much need for hats, scarves, mittens, sweaters etc in Houston. Now I have an outlet for my knitting fanaticism. I have gotten several others to join in, too. I am just about to finish my first hat/scarf set. I will post pix next week. I am a beginner at knitting, but they provide really easy patterns that even I can't botch too badly. Check it out!

I lost a bet at work and had to bring in kolaches for breakfast today. I got up thinking "don't forget the kolaches". I got in the van thinking "don't forget the kolaches". I drove down the road thinking "don't forget the kolaches". Halfway to work I realized I had driven way past the kolache store and had to turn around and go back. Arghhh!

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Ok... WHO IN YOU HOUSE HOLD IS TEACHING HIM COMANDO??????

You need to do panty checks on everyone!!!! He is seeing someone do it!!! HAHAHA... Most important... Don't let Levi see you do the check to everyone else... Cause he will be looking up dress' and saying... PANTY CHECK MOM! HAHAHA

Now.... WHAT IS "kolaches"?

Krystal said...

OK, I'm glad to see that I'm the only one who didn't know what kolaches were!

Jennifer said...

OMG I had to crack up at this. I got my daughter dressed yesterday morning with underwear. Later that afternoon when I went to pick up my boys from school she announces to me in her loud 4 year old voice " mommy I don't have underwear on" It got us a few snickers. Boy was my face red.