Monday, May 07, 2007

A quiet weekend

It is rare that we have a truly quiet weekend around here. This was one of those blessed ones that are rare gems of family life.

On Saturday, we hung out in our jammies for a while (why can't this child ever just smile for the camera?)


We cleaned house (yes, my wonderful hubby helps!) We have to keep it in tip-top shape since it's on the market.

We played in the yard a lot. The weather was phenomenal. Warm, partly sunny with a breeze.


We gave the dogs a bath in the backyard. It can safely be said that Levi and I no longer have fleas since we ended up as wet and soapy as Jackson did. I'm not sure you can tell from this picture, but his feet are on a fence and his head is almost level with mine. I am guessing he weighs about 150 lbs and yet he still thinks he is a lap dog!

I need to trim the bushes again but the flowers are doing well. I went with bright colors this year to add a little pizzazz. Doesn't it just say 'buy me'????



My poor skinny albino child. He turns four on July 1st but these shorts he is wearing? They are a 12 month size. He keeps getting taller but never any bigger around. Same with Katie. Now that she lost some weight the last two weeks she is 5'7" and about 110 pounds. She has a 35 in inseam. I have to special order pants for her most of the time. I wish I had that problem!!!

This is Lil Slugger, the slug we discovered while working in the yard. He is Levi's friend. I put a stop to his bringing him into the house. I had better warn Nanny to watch his pockets when she does laundry. I would hate to think what would happen if Lil Slugger went thru the wash....






3 comments:

Elle said...

My boy is the same. Skinny. A whopping 24 lbs. here.

And one slug? Just one? Man, I buy tons of slug bait just to get rid of all of mine.

Krystal said...

12 months!!! That is so hilarious! Levi looks so cute playing outside without his shirt on -- it looks like summer is really here!!!

Natalie said...

I just got caught up on your blog from the past week. Congrats on getting back into PGN! Hoping that it's a quick stay for you!!!