Thursday, May 24, 2007

Life on the Funny Farm

I never get to watch TV in real time anymore. The DVR has made my life so much less dependent on the clock. I only have a few shows I really like. Grey's Anatomy, Lost and the occasional Dr. Phil show. I was watching Gray's last weekend, catching up, while folding laundry, etc.
Fast forward to this week, I went and picked up Katie and some other girls from dance practice. Levi is in his carseat sitting next to his favorite girl, Melissa. He leans over, gently grasps both sides of her face with his hands and says, "I am going to kiss you...with tongue". I can't remember what happened next, but lots of shrieking ensued, the car was swerving, and all the blood drained from my head. What the.....then it hit me. Grey's Anatomy. The new guy said this to Addison on the stairs. Hmmm, I guess my little sponge was listening when I thought he was playing and not paying attention! It doesn't help that he is extremely verbal and his speech is super clear.

Katie is 14 years old. Fourteen years old with a body that makes her step-dad oil his guns. Last weekend she decided she wanted to lay out in the sun. I wasn't paying much attention as she gathered the suntan lotion, a towel, her i-pod and whatever else she needed. Next thing I know she is laying on our driveway, 15 feet from the street, in her bikini. Um, girlfriend, what are you doing???? Apparently the backyard is all shade so she HAS to lay in the front. I tell her that everyone is going to be seeing her as they drive down the street and she tells me, "Well God gave me goodies, why not show them off?" (She says this giggling because she knows it will drive me crazy.) I decide I am not going to bite and return to the house. After a little bit, I realize that Chris has been sitting in the dining room for a while and then it strikes me. He is watching out the front window and standing guard over her. She's behind the cars so he can only see her feet, but he makes the comment that so far no one has driven off into the ditch. Honestly, if anyone ever hurts one of his girls I think he will be hard to stop. I love that man! (And yes, he has guns. LOTS of guns, you hear that you boys!!!!)

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Out of the mouths of Babes....

Levi is such a little man!!!!

And Miss Katie... Better watch out... Daddy is watching...

HAHAHA

Melany aka Supermom said...

I can't blame him!! I'd do the same ;)

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

You have great kids!!! I love to hear all your stories.