Wednesday, May 02, 2007

House updates

First, can you believe I actually did an entire post without mentioning the accident? It's not that I don't think about it all the time, but it is time to begin to at least pretend to be normal again! (For my dear sister Dana, I have my OWN definition of normal so shaddup and quit laughing!)


How about some house updates? Here is my (mine, mine, all mine) jacuzzi tub. Six feet of bubbling water glory. (Want to take any bets on whether I get to actually enjoy this bad boy all by myself anytime soon????)
Levi got all excited because he found lion tracks! He certainly was not buying Daddy's explanation that a big dog lived nearby and had made them. No sireee. We have lions!

Here is Levi getting his lovin from the Girlz. He isn't afraid of them at all, and they certainly adore him. Funny thing is we can't seem to interest them in apples, carrots or any other horsey treat. They just want Levi. They nibble at his ears and mouth his hair.

Here is what the house is looking like now that it's painted and the stone is on. It is more yellow than what I imagined (darn those tiny little paint chips) but I think it will be OK. Once we have shutters and a front railing, etc it will seem less of the house is yellow. They ran out of stone before they did the columns on the front, so they had to order more and do it later. We went by earlier this week and wouldn't you know it they used the wrong stone on the columns! We called the builder and they called the stone place. The stone place sent out someone yesterday to check on it. They ended up painting some mineral/dye on them to try and get it to match and now it looks worse. Not only do they not match the rest of the house, but now the columns don't even match each other! The builder said they are making them tear it out at their expense and re-do it with the correct stone. We'll see....

1 comment:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Beautiful!! I will come and babysit so that you can get at least one hour alone in the hot tub.