Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day continued


I thought I might be sad on Mother's Day this year. Ashley was in Dallas with her Dad, and Ahren and PBJ are far, far away. Amazingly, I wasn't! I had a great day. Here are some highlights.
Katie taught me how to text on my phone. Woohoo! Of course, she also made fun of how slow I am and all the mistakes I made. That just made me laugh!
We went to lunch at Pappadeaux's seafood restaurant (my fave) and took one of Katie's friends. (Teenage girls must travel in groups. It's a law) Our waiter was a guy from their school. Our lunch was very slow in coming, and Chris made the comment that the two hotties must have jumbled the waiter's mind. At the exact same time, both girls said 'where' and turned their heads. They had no clue Chris meant them. I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my face and had to hide my face in a napkin!
At lunch, Levi colored on his booster seat with a crayon. This resulted in a stern talk about only coloring on paper and my taking his crayons away. He looked at me with his big blue eyes and said, "Happy Mother's Day". Awww, so sweet, but you're not getting the crayons back!
Lunch was wonderful, the company was wonderful, the whole day was wonderful. Full of laughter and silliness. Just the way I like it!

3 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I love Pappadeaux also. We ate there for Mother's Day too. I love everything they have.

Krystal said...

I'm sure you are happy that Katie doesn't know she's a hottie yet ;) Sorry that you couldn't have all the kiddos together, but I'm glad you had a good day!

Angel said...

Hey there! Just thinking about ya. Sorry I have been AWOL!!! I've been so busy I don't get to surf many blogs lately. :0) What SWEET justice that those wicked people were arrested for what they are doing to these children and families. I hope this will prevent more people from being hurt by them. Hugs. Hope you get great news soon. Angel