Monday, March 03, 2008

Very Cheery Attitude

Katie's team was in 1st place after Saturday's competition. Honestly, I thought they would be 2nd or 3rd after watching them and the competition. This time was really tough. One team they were competing against normally competed at a higher skill level but they dropped down a class for this competition.

On Sunday the girls were absolutely rocking the routine. They had to go last since they were in 1st place, and the 2nd place team had pulled off a near-perfect routine. Then the unthinkable happened. One girl went late on her tumbling pass and ran smack dab into the girl going the other way. Splat! They were both OK but there was no way the judges could have missed that. They walked away with 2nd place and their first defeat of the year. It didn't really bother them. The only thing that got them all riled up was the girl who made the mistake came off the floor screaming at the other girl and blaming her. First, it was just a mistake, and secondly, the other girls didn't put up with the 'blame game' as they called it. I thought that was pretty cool.

As we were walking into the parking lot, late at night, there was a family walking ahead of us. Their little girl was carrying a big trophy (you can actually buy your own if you want one, the one they win goes to the gym) and as she walked past our car she swung the trophy around and smacked my car, twice! Katie, who was in front of me, yelled at the little girl, 'Hey, that's my car. Don't hit it! Get away from it!' She said it in a very mean sounding voice, and I'm sure she meant it to freak the little girl out (She was about 8-9 yrs old) Suddenly her mother came bustling around their truck and started yelling at Katie. 'You don't talk to my daughter that way. Who do you think you are? etc etc' I shoved Katie into the front seat and slammed the door. I saw the Dad yank the trophy away from the girl and start to scold her, so I can only think he must have seen her do it. I calmly told the other Mom that her daughter had accidentally hit my car swinging her trophy around and I'm sorry my daughter yelled at her. The Dad said something to the Mom and then she apologized. Whew. I thought for a minute I was going to have to do a Cheer Mom throw-down in the parking lot. Then again, I have some pent up angst from all the adoption crap that I could have drawn on...you know, Whoop-A$$ therapy. The Texas way.

As for PBJ, tomorrow. Tomorrow. I should have news tomorrow. Things are changing very quickly, and it all seems to be going in the right direction for once. I'll post it as soon as I know!!!

8 comments:

Susan said...

keeping my fingers crossed on PBJ.

Mamita J said...

Tomorrow! I've been checking your blog 40 times a day!

Okay, I guess I can wait that long if you can. :-)

Julie

Anonymous said...

I don't blame Katie for yelling, I would have too! I am just glad the mom did not go "Big Chunky" on Katie... Then you would have to do that "push a little with the foot" thing and who knows when you would have gotten home!

I am praying for the PBJ news! Love you!

Lucinda Naia said...

Loved the story you shared! I also cannot believe how amazing the glitter was in the previous post! WWWOOOW! (that's a big long WOW! spelled out)

Looking forward to PBJ news....

Anonymous said...

WE ARE SOOOOO WAITING TO HEAR PBJ NEWS! Bring it on!! :):)

Anonymous said...

Is the suspense killing anyone else?????

Anonymous said...

I would have been very unhappy to see a teen girl yell at a young child that way. Granted, she should have been much more careful with her trophy. But, an older child purposefully yelling at a younger one? That would have gotten my older child a good "talkin' to".

Wendy said...

I think people who post anonymously and say negative things are big fat losers. To the above commentor, you obviously do not know me and have not been reading my blog for very long. Next time you want to say something negative about my family, have the balls to say it and to my face ya big fat loser!

(Said in my best Big Chunky voice)

Wendy