Friday, August 24, 2007

Roundup at the Not-So-OK Corral

I thought about titling this post 'Wherfore Art Thou Bootstraps' but thought that a bit wordy. You know the old saying, pull yourself up by the bootstraps? Well, I feel like I need to do that but my bootstraps are missing! So why do I feel that way? Hmm, let's see.

The summer is over and the kids go back to school next week. That makes me sad. Summer is chaotic, loud, crazy and the best part of the year. I love having them all around. I know, insanity, but that's me!

No word on PBJ's case. With all the unrest in Guatemala right now, and having to switch her to a new foster home, I have been so worried about her.

The letdown after visiting. The joy holds me for a while and then I just sink lower. Wah! I want my babies!!!!!

No new developments in Ahren's case yet. Supposedly they have the first DNA test scheduled for next week, but I will not believe it until I see it. After 20 months waiting for this step to take place, I am certainly not getting excited. I am also worried about him and his Foster mom with all the unrest.


On a good note, we did get the concrete poured at our house, in between Tropical Storm Erin and Hurricane Dean induced showers. We will spend this weekend doing further prep work and gardening, and then sod is supposed to arrive Monday. It will probably take 2 days to get it down. We are getting 2 semi loads. Stupid huge yard!

I have been putting out food for the deer. It seems like they all have babies right now! There are 3 sets of twins, plus a dozen other fawns. I have pix but haven't downloaded them yet. So every day we wake up to deer and fawns in our yard. How sweet is that? I fed them corn and also flax seed. I ran out of corn so last night I put out carrots. They ate them all! We will pick up deer corn this weekend at the feed store so I will have 'official' deer food for them. We need to get a salt/mineral block too.

No comments: