Thursday, August 16, 2007

All my fault....

This is Tropical Storm Erin. She is all my fault! You see, ever since we built our house it has been raining. I have named our house The Ark because of it. It had finally cleared off and we were having dry, hot weather, normal for this time of year. So we scheduled the additional concrete work around our house and then we can get the sprinklers and sod laid. Today was the day to pour the concrete. So, of course, we get hit with a tropical storm dead-on, and what's worse is we are on the 'dirty' side, the side that dumps buckets of rain. See the deepest red portion of the radar? That's us. I am so sick of mud, mud, mud. I swear, once we get grass in the yard I am going to roll around in it and praise it's glory!!!



PBJ Update: Some of you have seen the news about Guatemalan orphanages being raided and police arresting people who are associated with adoptions. It is a mess down there right now. Many people are hoping that after the presidential elections in September that things will cool off. I hope that's true. The stress of the situation was too much for PBJ's foster mother. She quit and actually moved away to insure the safety of her family. I feel so bad for her. She is a wonderful woman and cared so much for PBJ. It makes me sick that she is that frightened. They have moved PBJ to a new foster home, and have all the kids in hiding right now. No children are to leave the homes except for an emergency. Her agency is wonderful and seems to really care about the welfare of the children. I know it wasn't easy to give me this news, but they did it in a kind and gentle way. I trust that they will do whatever is needed to keep our daughter safe.

6 comments:

Krystal said...

I knew things were going to get "ugly" in Guatemalan adoptions, but I did not know that they would get this kind of ugly this soon. . . It is a frightening situation for everyone involved. I am so sorry to hear that PBJs foster family felt so threatened and that PBJ has in endure a major transition b/c of this whole mess.

Gail said...

That is awful what is happening down there, especially with the effect it is having on the foster homes. I hope PBJ does well in her new home.
Gail
BTW, send the rain to western Kansas please.

Tam said...

I'm so sorry this is happening. It must be hard on her. I am praying your OUT call come soon.

Melissa said...

I am sorry about the foster mom not feeling safe fostering anymore. I pray the transition will be okay for PBJ, and that she will soon come home to you.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Things have been very ugly this week in the city. It is so crazy!!
I just pray that everyone involved will be safe. Praying that you get "the call" really soon.

Angel said...

Oh poor baby. The whole situation is just so hard. Angel