Friday, January 11, 2008

TGIF

My folks called me last night to see why I didn't blog yesterday. Well, it could be because I spent all day running around like my arse was on fire. Or it could be because I had nothing to blog about that wasn't either whining or pathetic. Or it could just be I fell off the face of the earth and spent the day in a time-continuum where I was doomed to repeat the same task all day long and yet never really got anywhere. Turns out it was all 3!

Levi didn't have a ride to or from school yesterday, so I went to work, then left and took him to school. Went back to work, then left and picked him up from school. Then went back to work and left to pick up Katie and take her to a hair appointment. I drove back and forth on the same construction-riddled road all day long and still ended up in the same place at the end of the day. I managed to get everyone where they needed to be on time, and get all my work done. As a reward, I stopped at the grocery store and bought brie, almonds and puff pastry. Toast the almonds, place on top of brie, wrap in puff pastry and bake. Serve with warm french bread and wine. Yummy yummy! I even made a puff pastry dessert to go with it, but I was so full of cheese I tasted a little and that was all.

I am trying to like my hair, really I am. I like the cut, I think it is cute and sporty. I just don't like it on me. (There is nothing cute or sporty about me anymore!) I do happen to think when it grows out just a bit and I can spike it out all around the sides I will like that much better. I have a theory about this haircut. You see, I think it's a plot to infiltrate the US with cells of hairorrists. Demoralize the US citizens one bad haircut at a time. Very clever and evil. Hit us where it hurts the most. Our pride. Oh and Dad, thanks for asking about my wig. You are so funny. Maybe you and Katie could start a comedy routine.

Levi is loving school, but it seems to wear him out. I guess being so good for 3 hours straight is tough on a little guy. The teachers say he is wonderful, perfect behavior, so sweet. That takes a lot of effort! Last night he fell asleep before dinner and didn't wake up until 7 am this morning. I have to admit he slept in his clothes, too. I wasn't about to wake him up to try and get him into jammies. He went on his own and crawled into bed and fell asleep right away. I was fixing dinner and Chris came to tell me he was out like a light.

I dreamed about Ahren the other night. I was in Guatemala and waiting at the hotel for him to be brought to me. I waited and waited and he didn't come for a very long time. Finally, they brought him, but I couldn't touch him. All I could do was look at him. He was so close and yet still so far away. A perfect metaphor for this adoption.....

3 comments:

Ellie said...

It is a sign... You will be seeing him soon...

hehehe...

Poor little Levi... Knocked out before dinner... What a little Super Kid!

Hugs...

Anonymous said...

I only hear the word "folks" around here from those that are from the midwest! You make me homesick!

Angel said...

Girl... there are times you CRACK me up. I love your sense of humor. You are one funny lady. hairorists... Hee hee hee.. AND yikes that dream. It's a perfect metaphor. Hugs. Angel