Monday, January 07, 2008

Starting to laugh...

Y'all are a bunch of sadists, wanting to see a picture of my bald head! I'll see if I can't snap one tonight and post it, just so everyone can tell I am NOT exaggerating. Seriously, the only word I understood from her as she cut my hair was 'bushy'. I walked in the house afterwards and told my husband this is NOT what I wanted, and he said, "I bet not". I am one step away from a crazed-Brittany scalping. Bravely, I slathered what was left with styling products this morning, put on lots of eye make-up and earrings and headed out the door (without a hat). Now I am hiding in my office! You want to know the worst part? I figured she cut at least 2 pounds of hair off but this morning I had lost nothing. Now that is not, not, not fair!!!!!

Note to my sis, Dana: The last time I had hair this short I was 5 years old and I hated it then. Everyone thought I was a boy. All because I have thick, curly hair and Mom didn't want to battle me about it. And to think this time I did it to myself. Doh!

Happy Birthday to Ashley and Ahren today. Ash is 13 and Ahren is 2. Happy Birthday my babies!!!!!

I got some info on the new registration with the Central Authority issue. The PGN is meeting and madly working to get it all up and running as soon as possible. Their goal is to have it set up and all cases registered before the end of the month. It should only cause minimal delays in the current cases. That's the way it goes in adoption. Up and down, up and down. Someone should install seat belts for this ride!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASH AND AHREN!! May this be the last time Ahren celebrates a birthday without you, and maybe you can get some wonderful birthday news on his case.

Ellie said...

YA~!~

Happy Birhtday Ashley and Ahren! Looking there, Double Birthday for you Double "A" Kids!

An I need not to say...

PICTURES....

Hugs
Ellie

Bobbi said...

Happy Birthday kiddos!! Oops, maybe not kiddo to the big teenager!! Congrats on making it this far. Now, if you can survive the next 7 years.

Here's hoping Ahren celebrates next year with you.

Sorry about your haircut....

Gail said...

I had to go back and read yesterday's post first. Yes, I want to see pictures too.

Happy Birthday Ashley and Ahren!!!

Gail

Krystal said...

Girl, you are crazy! I love short hair -- I mean REAL short, so I'll bet that it looks good!!!

Happy Birthday, Ashley and Ahren!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday kids!!! I love you!! Wendy, you DID look real cute then with that "boy" cut and I am sure you can carry it off now. Same head shape, same attitude!!! emphasis on attitude!!

LouLou said...

Wendy,
I have very curly hair too....Once a hairdresser talked me into getting a straightener. 3 weeks later half of my hair broke off at the scalp.....I ended up getting that short Halle Berry haircut. Only problem.....I didn't look like Halle! It did grow back into a really cute cut though..... I'm sure you look fabulous and hip

Candy said...

YOur husbands comment CRACKS ME UP