Wednesday, January 30, 2008

How do you spell 'discombobulation'?

Remember when I said I had found peace. Yeah, that. It's gone. Pffft. Out the window. It has been replaced by angst, worry and fear. Ahh, my favorite bedfellows. They are well worn friends by now. I knew it was too good to last. At least I got to enjoy it for a while.

Katie is sick again. It's the return of the hamburger tonsils. I think her spring break ski trip is going to be spring break tonsillectomy instead. I was hoping she could last until summer, but that isn't looking good. The doctor actually winced when she looked at her throat.

Levi is loving school. He wants to go every day now. Wahoo! He is a nut though. We have been trying to teach him his phone number and address and he is having NONE of it. If I ask him, he makes up something as the answer. Even if I say it and ask him to repeat it, he gives a nonsense answer. But he explained to me what metamorphosis was the other day, showing me a cacoon in a book and everything. He even says the word correctly. But repeat his phone number? Forget about it!

This weekend is the first Cheer Nationals so Katie and I are heading out of town. It will be a long weekend of butt sitting, ear splitting and fun knitting. Ahhh!

7 comments:

Krystal said...

Discombobulation - also known as PGN.

Ellie said...

HAHAHA... I like Krystal comment!

Poor Katie...

And as for Levi...

Well, I guess we know what he is going to be when he grows up...

A MAD SCIENTIST!~

I wonder where he gets it from?

Well, keep me posted, and I will be checking in to see if how the Cheer Leading thing goes... BUt, hey, you already know they are going to win!

THEY ARE GOOD!

HUGS

Kim said...

Katie can join me!! I'm getting my tonsils out on the 14th!! :)

Kids Special Needs said...

You crack me up.

I have a friend who reminds me of you. Today she told me she doesn't want to do the latest bible study at church, because the topic is on contentment. She said, "I don't want to do a bible study on gratitude, contentment, any of that". LOL. FUNNY GAL!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are doing great. Don't sweat the down times, they are part of the process. I am praying for both you and Katie... I love you both so much!!

J. said...

Hi, sorry to bother, I have been reading your blog forever. Too interesting to stop! I was adopted from Latinamerica myself (Colombia), 27 years ago.

I have just started my own little blog and would like to welcome you there: writeabookwithme.blogspot.com

Please keep sharing you life and thougths, we need more people like you!

Ellie said...

TAG! YOUR IT!

Check you my Blog for directions!

HUGS
Ellie