Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Frustration-ometer was pegged

First I would just like to re-iterate that I love my kids. Truly. I would never sell them to the gypsies, send them off with the circus or send them out to play in the street. But there are days... and yesterday turned into one of them.

Work has been horribly busy. The kind of busy where at 2:45 yesterday, after having been at work since 7 am, I finally ate some pretzels and a diet drink and called it lunch. Then I got out of here late, fought the traffic thru the massive construction zone and pulled up to the house, at which time the top of my head popped off and my headless body rolled out into the dirt. Not really, but what I saw about caused me a coronary. The 26 saplings that I had potted so lovingly over Thanksgiving, carefully labelling each pot with the type of tree so that I could place them appropriately later on, were scattered all across the ground, ripped out of their pots and pots laying everywhere. My first thought was the deer had gotten them, even though I had them on the cement next to the garage. But then I realized whose handywork I was looking at, and I stomped into the house bellowing LEVI! He admitted he had done it and he spent the next 30 minutes lying in the hallway crying because he was in trouble. Yeah, no sympathy here, boy. You can just lay there while I repot, randomly, the trees.

While this is going on, Kaytee and Haleigh are trying to get someone to give them a ride to the gym so they can work out. Nanny is watching kids, I am potting trees, Mina and Levi are both crying, the puppy is crying, and the phone is ringing. I get the trees all back in soil just in time to see the girls running down the driveway and climbing into a red truck. Both nanny and I run after them asking who is driving, do we know him, when will they be back, who is picking them up, etc etc etc. Turns out I know the boy well, so that is OK. They will call me to pick them up.

Holly gets picked up, then Mina's mommy comes, and about then we realize Nanny has a very low tire. I get the emergency pump out of my car kit and we start blowing it up. Chris gets home and saves the day with his monster compressor and guage. Nanny finally hits the road terribly late, hoping she makes it OK without a blowout or a flat, and we head into the house. The girls haven't called even though they have been at the gym over an hour. I call and they tell me they aren't done but the boy can take them home. But wait, I have all of Haleigh's school books and backpack in my van. So I run up to the gym, but they are in the tanning beds, so I head to the grocery store and grab the things I forgot the day before, and head back to the gym. I find Kaytee, give her the books and head home.

I was starving and crabby. It's now 7:30 pm, my dinner plans are ruined, I microwave pizza bites for Levi and serve them with some fruit. Microwave leftovers for Chris (He is so sweet, never minds whatever he gets to eat) and can't even remember what I ate. I throw out corn for the deer, get the mail, feed Steve the turtle, take the puppy out, etc etc etc. I get Levi in bed and get his new backpack all set for school.

And then I face planted in bed and didn't move until time to do it all over again today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not alone. The few days NOT like this are what keep me going. Don't we have such woderfully creative and imaginative kids? Are we not blessed? Can you hear the folks...? I pray today is better. I love you!

Ellie said...

Wow Momma... And just think, you are going to be adding 2 more little one into that mix!

Gotta Love it!

And then the Kati thing, I thought for sure you were going to say, she never made it to the gym, even though you called her at that is where she said she was!

HAHAHA... I guess I was having flash backs of myself!

HUGS

Pattie M said...

I love reading your blog, it cracks me up because I can just picture it. Awe life with children, it's a new adventure everyday, you just have to love it.
Thanks for your daily posts I look forward to reading them. I understand about being busy at work, this is a crazy busy time at work for me also and when I get home, I am wiped out.
I hope the rest of your week is stress-free!!
Pattie

Angie said...

Yikes! What a day.