Monday, January 28, 2008

Goodbye Glenn

I wasn't able to say much yesterday about this wonderful man. I was just too upset to be able to do it and to say what I was feeling. Still having trouble with that, so instead you get some pictures. I came to know these wonderful people on our journey to adopt Ahren. We share the same agency and same looong and difficult adoptions. Thru the journey we have shared we have all become fast friends. An extended family of sorts, the ties forged strong by adversity.

This is Glenn and his wife Lil, with Hayley on the right (adopted as an infant) and Lexi on the left. This was on our big visit trip in October 2006 to visit Lexi.

Glenn coloring with Lexi in the hotel lobby. They are working on princess pictures.
The bubble-blowing assistant extraordinaire. See how he has the bubble solution poised for quick re-loading?

I would like to take a moment to pay tribute to a dear man. Glenn Z. was a man who adored his family, who had a heart of gold and who held a special bond with his grand-daughters. Today Glenn became an angel. I find it unfair that he was taken home to the Lord before he got the chance to see his last grand daughter home with her family. The precious child that he has loved and fought so long for, prayed for and planned for. I don't profess to understand the ways of life, but I find this sad. Glenn was a wonderful man, why couldn't he have been rewarded with this one last wish coming true? Glenn, we love you and you will be greatly missed.

3 comments:

Ellie said...

OMG Wendy... I know him. I meet him that very trip I meet you. I am so sorry for the lose. I know his family will truely miss him. I would watch and wished that my father would have been there for me and played with my kids as this man did with his grandchildren. He was SOOOOOOOOOOO kind hearted, and his smile would lite up the room. You know just by the way he looked at those kids, he loved them unconditionaly.

My prayers and thoughts go out to his family, please let P know that I am sending my best wishes.

Hugs
Ellie

Lucinda Naia said...

I'm sorry for your loss and his family's loss. It is such a wonderful thing that he went to Guatemala and met his grandchildren. Those memories are precious!

Yeah So said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. I suppose God needed another angel....hugs to you.