Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I can't believe I am showing you...

All the highlights and color I previously had are gone. Who knew my hair was really this color? All these years I thought it was Loreal #10! Hah! Funny thing is the gray at my temples (caused by adoption stress no doubt) looks like highlights. Maybe I could get used to this....  

Today Levi starts at a new school. This one is small, small classes, small school, no daycare. I am starting him out 2 days a week 9-noon. He is excited which is a good thing. After the trauma of the last school I was worried we would be dragging him kicking and screaming to elementary school years from now. He desperately needs the structure and social interaction, and nanny needs the break. Yesterday he shot shaving cream all over the sink, colored himself and Mina with markers, destroyed my deoderant and wrote on an important document I had on the table. If things go well at this school, I will add more days and hours later on. They also have a school that goes up to 5th grade, and I like the idea of private school. We'll see...

13 comments:

Dawn said...

I know you think it's short, but good grief it's CUTE!!!!! Very sporty and chic looking!
d:)

veggiemom said...

As a wearer of very short hair myself, once you get used to it, you may learn to love it. I think from the back it looks pretty cute. When you're not expecting it, though, I can imagine it is overwhelming.
Kerri and Ruby

Andrea said...

I think it looks good! Maybe it will "grow" on you. Eegads, I am sorry. It's too early for me and not enough coffee. That sounded MUCH funnier in my head.

Good luck to Levi with school!

Anonymous said...

I know it was devastating to lose the long locks but this short cut is really cute! Have fun with it til it grows back. Good luck with school. I hope it works for all of you. I feel your pain on this one....oy, vey.
Amy

LouLou said...

It is stinkin' cute! I know it's a shock if it's not what you planned, but it's really CUTE!

Ellie said...

Cute Cute Cute...

Not as bad as I thought! I was thinking more like SPIKES!~ HAHAHA... Tell Katie to be nice... Your hair is think, so when you are stressed and it falls out, it isn't that noticable... Just think when Katie starts getting stressed... hehehe... just a thought!~

HUGS

Anonymous said...

HA! That is darn cute... I could never carry it off like you can!! I like your "new" hair color... I hate you for getting all the curls!

Anonymous said...

I like it! Very cute!

Elle said...

Woman, you are crazy! That is really cute.

Tam said...

Oh, I love it! You may learn to love short hair once you get used to it...

Momto16 said...

I think that the haircut is smart and adorable! Is it easy to just fix and go? Thanks for posting I picture. I admit to checking back five times waiting to see one!
Blessings,
Sarah

bellagirl said...

Oh you poor baby, holy cow that's short! Thankfully, it will grow back in no time flat!~Melissa

Baby John's Crib said...

Love your hair! Can I suggest doing a little bit of spiking where it is laying down? That would be so cute. The back and sides are awesome.