Saturday, November 17, 2007

Updates all around

Levi is in love! Baby Holly comes to our house and nanny watches her. Levi is head-over-heels for this little girl. He has asked me several times if we can keep her! The other day after she came in he sighed and said, 'It's so nice to have a baby come to our house.' I have to admit I am pretty smitten with her myself.



Katie had another competition today, a large one. Ashley came along to cheer her sister on and keep me company. Ashley cheers for her school but isn't competing this year. Katie's team was first up so we had to be at the arena at 6:30 am, meaning we had to leave the house at 5am. Insanity, I tell you! The good news is they won again.



Well, it seems that Big Chunky has not only embraced her name but she has had it tattooed on her ample behind. All the better to sit on you, my dear! (Now, granted, this is all heresay as I nor anyone I know has actually seen the BC tat) I can just see skinny Katie's stick arms and legs poking out from under the Big Chunky caboose. I am sure that any girl who has to have her nickname written out for her everywhere she looks will soon forget about terrorizing my daughter and move on to fresh meat. My sister has now picked up the BC theme and has threatened to go 'All Big Chunky' on me! Hah! Visions of childhood with an older sister.... (OK, so the reality is I terrorized my older sister growing up so she probably has good reason to BC me a few!)

And finally, just for you Ellie, we got the results of Ahren's DNA test. It's a MATCH! Twenty-two months to the day after we accepted his referral this first very important step is done. We are finally on our way. I had good reason to doubt it would match. Things that have worried me for a very long time. To know that it does match and we can move ahead is unbelievable.

My little curly headed teddy bear is on his way.

12 comments:

Dawn said...

What a cute little story about your son. He's going to make a great big brother. :)

Congratulations Katie!!! What a neat honor!

And congratulations to you to Wendy. :) Your little guy is finally...finally...on his way. Now praying for continued progress.

d:)

Anonymous said...

Mom, I LOOK FAT.

Please put a different one up.
=)


Love your favorite kid, Kayteeeee.

Anonymous said...

Wendy, GREAT NEWS about Ahren. For once - better news than expected! Hooray!

Deb said...

Wendy-

I am so happy and relieved to hear that the DNA matched. What a brave woman, Ahren's first mother is for coming in so many month later. May God bless her with peace and may he give you a speedy end to this journey.

Love and hugs to you,
Deb AKA Momma Bug

Krystal said...

First of all, Ashley looks GOR-GE-OUS! I think she looks about 5 years older than she is in that picture!

WHOO-HOO on Ahren's DNA!!! Come on FC & PA - it is time for that curly top to come home!!!!!

Melissa said...

Congratulations on the DNA match!

Melany aka Supermom said...

I am so glad to hear about the DNA match!!!
And congratulations to Katie

Karla said...

Wendy, from one "former" WA's mother to another....
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I know all too well how difficult this journey has been. So many families could have turned and ran and given up, but you have shown what the true essence of a mother really is!
Karla

Anonymous said...

OMG, I came to get a BC update and didn't expect to hear about DNA. I am sooooooooooo happy for you. Let's keep that ball rolling.
Amy

Kathy said...

Congrats on the DNA match. I hope the rest of the process moves smoothly and quickly!!

Ellie said...

YES... YES.... YES...

TO EVERYTHING!!!!

HUGE HUGE HUGS...

I am still doing the dance for you...

Anonymous said...

Great news about Ahren...wishing that curly-haired adorable boy home soon!!!