Monday, November 26, 2007

Hey Al Gore, are you listening????

First, I talked to PBJ's foster family last night. She had an appointment earlier in the week with the neurologist and he said she is 'a miracle of the brain'. He wants them to work with her legs more so he asked them to get a walker for her and have her use it some everyday. They are so good about helping her and caring for her. Although I wish she was here and I was caring for her it helps me to know she is in a great home.

I got Ahren's DNA results in the mail. 99.99% match. Wahoo! In the packet they send a photo of him with his birthmother. In it, he appears to be wiggling trying to get off her lap. She has her arms around him and has her head lowered down by his. Her eyes look lost and flat, no emotion. I cannot imagine what she was feeling. I know how much I ache missing him, but for her it would be almost a physical ache in addition to the heartache. Her huge loss is our gain and I feel a mixture of sadness, guilt and awe for her and her choice. All I can promise is that we will love him with all our hearts and souls, give him every advantage we can, and always tell him what a sacrifice his birthmother made so that he would have a better life.

It has finally turned cold here (for Texas) and we have been in the upper 30's and lower 40's since Wednesday night. That is when we discovered that the furnace (in our brand-new home) does not work. The fan comes on but no heat. Yikes! Luckily we learned that our house is very well insulated. The coldest it got inside was 66 degrees. We don't have a fireplace so we couldn't use that to heat the house. Instead, we baked a lot! We turned the 1-day feast into a 4-day glutton-fest. Of course this was all done in the name of heat-generation and energy conservation. If we needed to turn the ovens on to create heat then we needed to justify it by having something IN the oven. Right?

Speaking of energy conservation and such, I need to figure out how to calculate our eco-footprint or whatever it's called. I spent the better half of Friday planting 24 saplings and 56 strawberry plants and that got me to thinking. Each plant we add to our property should be lowering our overall impact on the ecosystem. At some point, we should be in the positive for eco-credits, creating more than we are using. And what are surplus eco-credits good for? Selling to politicians who want to represent themselves as credit-neutral, that's what! Hey Al Gore, are you listening? I have eco-credits for sale. Come and get'em! Just bring your checkbook and 3 forms of ID. I don't take credit and I don't take crap.

5 comments:

Ellie said...

I bet he ISN'T listening~

He seems to run at the mouth, but can't hear a dam thing!

Oops... Did I say that?

Guess what... I called PGN.. AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to curl up in a ball and cry... Lied to AGAIN~

I HATE THIS!~

BUT, I AM SO GLAD TO SEE THAT 99.99%.. HEHEHE... Been waiting for a VERY LONG TIME... BY THE LOOKS OF IT... WE JUST MAYBE IN GUAT TOGETHER AGAIN... AND I WILL BE BRINGING Ginger if she will allow me!

HUGS

Anonymous said...

i totally love the last sentence!

LMAO!x100!!!


_____________

Your kids are adorable!

Baby John's Crib said...

Wow, I'm so pleased to hear that DNA result!

It was so tough getting the DNA pictures. John's mom showed no emotion, but the picture of her holding him looking down at him brings me to tears every time I look at it. I can't imagine what she was feeling, it had to be so much more than what I could see in the picture of that brief moment in time.........

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I'm so grateful for both the DNA result and PBJs "mirace of the brain". All those prayers have made a difference, as has all your work to find PBJ the right foster family. I know it would be so wonderful to have her here, but the next best thing is to know she is recovering well where she is.

Angie said...

Oh my gosh, you crack me up. You keep me so entertained. ;-)