Friday, November 30, 2007

The nut doesn't fall far from the tree

My mother was at home the other day when the nosepad on her glasses fell off. She searched for a replacement one but the ones on her old pair of glasses were a different size. So, being industrious, she pulled the entire nose-piece off and decided to replace it with the one from the old pair. She carefully glued the piece onto her glasses using some super-duper glue, let it dry and put them back on. The nosepiece fell off immediately and she had to crawl around on the floor to find it. This time she was careful to let the glue fully dry before putting them on. But again, the nosepiece fell off and went skittering across the floor. She decided to wait until my father was home from the store to help her.
He got home, found the nosepiece on the floor and sat down to glue them together. That's when he realized that my mother had been trying to glue them together with a bottle of eye drops. Well no wonder......

A while back my Mom and my Aunt Judy were out having a shopping day. They decided to drive thru a fast-food place and pick up lunch (not wasting any precious shopping time!) They pulled up to the menu, placed their order and drove ahead to the first window. They paid for their lunches and then drove to their next shopping destination. I don't know how long it took them to realize they never stopped at the second window and had driven off without their food. The best part, though, is that this wasn't the first time they had done that! I would have loved to see the look on the guy's face at the second window as they drove right past.

Now you can see where Levi gets it from. Whey, how lucky am I that this is one of those 'skips a generation' type traits!

6 comments:

Ellie said...

ARE YOU SURE OUR MOM'S AREN'T RELATED????

Here's a question... At least she didn't glue her fingers to the LENS!

Try getting Crazy Glue off of lens'... Without scratching of course...

IMPOSSIBLE!


HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Which generation do you think that it skipped?

The funny thing is that I have no doubt this these stories are completely true!!

Dawn said...

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!
d:D

Baby John's Crib said...

LOL, I think I must be related to your mom. Been there, done that many times. Only once was I desperate enough to go back for the food.........

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That is so funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Gail said...

That first story sounds like something my mom would do. Is it any wonder we love moms so much!!
Gail