Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankfulness

This past year has been one of many difficult challenges. The challenges of 2 difficult adoptions, the layoffs my company experienced, Katie's accident, Peri Brynn's brain damage, and many smaller trials and tribulations. The blows just seemed to come one after the other throughout the year.

And yet, I am so blessed and so thankful. Here we are on Thanksgiving Day 2007, two of my children are in Guatemala and two more are in another city spending time with their father. Only Levi is here with us, but we also have the joy of having my parents spending the holiday with us. I know that the other kids are all in good places and well taken care and that eases my mind. I was worried about the holidays. You see, last year I swore to myself that would be the last one without all my kids home. Obviously I was wrong, but it feels OK right now. I have so many other things to rejoice over.

Cooking in the kitchen with my Mom. (One of my favorite things to do in the whole world!) We giggle and bump into each other and make messes. The only one missing is Aunt Judy. The three of us used to have day-long cookie baking marathons during the holidays.

Watching my Dad and Levi playing and talking. Levi hasn't seen him in a couple of years but they became instant buddies. (It's becasue they are two goofballs cut from the same cloth!)

Levi. I just love that kid so much!

My dear, sweet husband who is the light of my life and the song in my heart. He would save every child in the world if it was possible. He has a heart bigger than Texas!

Katie and Ashley, my big girls, who have taught me so many things and shown me so much about myself. I miss you two but I now you are having a wonderful time at Greg and Charlene's. They were always my favorites of your father's family and I am jealous you get to see them. Enjoy yourselves and please remember to pick up your dirty clothes!!!!

Ahren, my sweet tempered curly headed bear. Next year we will introduce you to the meal of a lifetime. Your first Thanksgiving. With your appetite you are bound to enjoy that holiday!

And tiny little PBJ, my littlest angel, so fragile and yet so resilient. I wish I had you here where I could protect and heal you. I know you are in a great place but still, I wish you were here. You mightnot be able to eat turkey but I know you love mashed potatos.

My beautiful new home, which is so perfect for us and the way we live our lives. (Family-centered) This is the most perfect place to raise our family.

And a big Thank You to all my bloggy friends. I am in a good place only because I have had the love and support from so many of you at the most difficult times of our lives. I cannot express my gratitude. So many of you reached out and helped me when I was on my own in Guatemala after PBJ was injured. So many have encouraged us and kept us going when our energy was gone. You have laughed with me, cried with me and shared the anger with me.

I am truly blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and I hope you also have many things to feel blessed about!!!!!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours. :)
d

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I am praying that the year to come is much better for you.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I thought that it used to be the four of us...