Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's hard to tell in the pictures how sick PBJ was and how much better she is doing. The damage to her brain was much more evident in her physical movements or lack there-of. One thing I see in these pix is that she is holding her upper body up while the FM holds her. That was impossible in October. It does look like she is still slouching in the stroller but it's only been a month. One thing Chris and I both noticed is her eyes look so much brighter and her skin is a much better color. Here is a pic from October to compare.






No word yet on Ahren's DNA results. The samples were sent with a batch of samples to the lab on Friday. They would have been logged in on Monday and then the work starts. I would guess by the end of the week we should hear something, or maybe early next week.

Unbelievably, next week is Thanksgiving. Say WHAT? How in the heck did that happen? I usually have all my Christmas shopping done by now and am beginning to dig out all the decorations. This year all of the decorations are in a storage unit from our move and somehow I lost the key to the lock. I started shopping yesterday. I don't know who is going to be at my house for Thanksgiving dinner so I don't know how much to buy or what to plan for. Can we just skip the holidays this year and maybe pretend they don't exist? I remember being so sad last year but cheering myself up by saying that would be the last Christmas without the kids. That darn Reality Fairy just keeps smacking me upside the head. Ouch!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

She really, really looks good. Not completely better yet, but wow, the difference is amazing! Still praying for her release, and for Ahren's DNA.
d:)

Krystal said...

First of all, PBJ does look so, so much better! That girl is tough stuff :)

OK, for the holidays. . . I would like to remind you that I made a list of adoption rules. AND, I would like to remind you that I added 2 rules based on your suggeston. AND I would like to direct you to rule #6 --

6. I will try not to allow the stress of this process to affect the family I already have. I will rejoice in them each and every day and be thankful for what I have.

Hee hee - you know I am just kidding with you!!! I am praying that you will get good news from Guatemala very soon, and that you will have extra things to be thankful for next week :)

Anonymous said...

Oh she is darling and just needs time...Anyone can see the improvement...she has a spark in her eyes.

If you are aware of anyone interested in two brothers from Guatemala(3 & 6)who are in the US now, have them check out my post on my blog or Rainbow Kids. The boys are here now and require a family with children 7 yrs+ and a complete home Study. It would obviously be a domestic adoption.

Have a wonderful time planning Thanksgiving...hopefully it will be easy and you will get good news soon.

Erin

Wendy said...

Rats! Krystal actually listened to me. I didn't know anybody did! hah!!

Angel said...

Durn that reality fairy! :0( She does look so different...so healthy. I am so happy about that. Hugs, Angel