Monday, October 30, 2006

Why is nothing simple????

Well, it does seem that nothing is ever simple for us. We learned while in Guatemala that the rectification of Ahren's birth certificate was kicked out of the government office for an error in the paperworwork. Something very minor they said. They said it should be fixed and resubmitted in a day or two. Late Friday we learned it still had not been resubmitted. It has just been sitting on someone's desk for 2 weeks. We also learned, while I was in Guatemala, that the architectural control committee did NOT approve our plans because the builder wrote the wrong lot number on the plans. The builder thought it was an easy fix and told us it was approved, but the committee didn't see it that way. They wanted the entire file resubmitted for the next meeting, which was 1 month away. After much haggling, we have approval to clear and grade the lot, build the pad, and prepare the foundation to be poured. Chris thought we could pour the foundation, just not start framing. Either way, we can only do a little until the next committee meeting.
So why is everything so complicated for us? Is this a payback for all those practical jokes I played on my brother and sister growing up? (Cuz they deserved it!) Is this my punishment for making my mother turn gray at an early age? For not putting my dirty clothes in the hamper? For letting my kids eat ice cream for dinner after having a bad day? I really don't think I am being punished. I think that with the untold blessings in my life, these little challenges are just a way of strengthening my soul. It's not only getting through the hard times, but HOW you get through them. Keep your sense of humor, handle the unexpected with class and lead with your heart. The challenges we face are nothing compared to what others have to deal with. We are extremely blessed!

1 comment:

JuJu - said...

Jarmans? - Hi - My name is Julia Jarman McKenzie - I am from the North Carlolina Jarman clan.
I found your blog while visiting another blog - I saw Jarman and had to read you blog!!:)
My husband Bryan and I have been married for 9 years and have Juliana 21, Curtis 19, Mac 13, Erin 11 and John-Bryan adopted from Guatemala. John-Bryan came home August 2, and he will turn 1 tom.

Your family is beautiful and your new baby girl is perfect:)
Please visit our blog and we hope to keep in touch with the Texas Jarmans:)

Julia