Friday, October 06, 2006

Retail Therapy

I woke up this morning feeling so down. The excitement of booking our trip to Guatemala had kind of worn off, then we got an update on our case that made me so sad. Nothing has happened. Nothing. We have been waiting on one signature for weeks. Work has been very stressful, too. All I wanted to do today was to stay in bed and pull the covers over my head. Can't anyone help us? Will we ever bring our son home? The tears were threatening to come. I had to do something.

So, I went shopping on my lunch hour. Good ol' retail therapy! Is there anything more fun than shopping for baby stuff? I hit a huge sale where all the Carter's and Osh Kosh clothes were half price, then added a 30% off coupon to it. I bought everything in bigger sizes, since I know we won't have him home for a very long time. I bought jammies and outfits and slippers and onesies (oh my!). Pretty much an entire wardrobe. I poured every bit of my love into those purchases! It is all stuff I would be buying for him if he was home where he belonged. Plus, I saved a ton of money (justification, right?) I feel so much better. Not great, but better. Let's hope my mood holds until we leave on our trip or I am going to have to get a second luggage slave!!

1 comment:

Karena said...

Wendy -- I love reading your blog and seeing the photos of your beautiful children. All of them. I'm so sorry for this "little" paperwork snafu that is tying your family in knots and keeping your son so far from you. I hope you enjoy your visit and that the situation is cleared up soon so you can get moving with the adoption again.