Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Pictures



I just love it when other people post pictures so here are a few for today. Here is Levi, all dressed up for church. The girls taught him to make a funny face every time he gets his picture taken, so now I don't have any with a normal smile. Thanks girls!


And this is Levi and Max (again the goofy face for the camera) You can't tell, but max is making a goofy face too.

And for my final photo of the day, Katie, demonstrating the goofiest face of all. So, an update on things here. First, no news on the thing we are so anxiously waiting to hear. You all don't get to know until we know. Hah! Secondly, I have decided to take Katie to Guatemala with me as my luggage slave. She makes a might fine pack mule, that girl does! Ashley, as expected, is furious because she doesn't get to go. I promised her she can go next time, but I don't think it helped. You know, sometimes life is not fair. I had to make a tough decision and this is it. Oh well.

In other great news, I have become involved in something called The Gabriel Project at our church. I started an Adoption Outreach group as part of that, helping people to choose adoption as a way to add to their families. The church has decided to fund some grants to assist parishoners and it looks like we will be the first to receive one! Deacon George said that we are the perfect model of a Christian family and that they couldn't think of anyone more deserving. The first thing I thought was, Wow, we can adopt more kids! I mean, we have 6 bedrooms we could fill......

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Wendy,
You have such a beautiful family! Congratulations on the vist approval. In no time at all, you will have Ahren in your arms. What a day that will be!!! I am sure you will have a great visit. Enjoy every second of it!

Thank you for the encouragement on my blog. This last blow has been a hard one, but we will press on.

Be safe and have a wonderful time on your trip. I hope to see lots of pictures when you get back. Take care!

Gayle

Krystal said...

Thanks for the funny, funny pics :) Hopefully your pack mule will have other helpful skills -- like calming a crying baby in an unfamiliar hotel room in the middle of the night and figuring out what you do with the really dirty diapers :) I hope we all get to hear the good news that you waiting for very soon! Oh, BTW, I LOVE your attitude about the grant -- that is my EXACT thought about everything. . . win the lotto (we're planning on finding the ticket, since we don't actually play) = adopt more kids, get a raise at work = adopt more kids, DH grows business = adopt more kids, find a sale on diapers = adopt more kids!!