Thursday, October 05, 2006

Momentary Panic

Yesterday turned into the biggest roller coaster ride of them all. I was e-mailing back and forth with our agency setting up the details of our trip, and I asked when they were going to bring the baby to us at the hotel. At least that is what I thought I was asking. What I wrote was 'When we will get the baby?' My agency wrote back and said No, this case is so delayed that it's not possible. This is where I freaked. I thought she was saying I couldn't have him at the hotel with us becasue we weren't far enough along in the process. So why did I get 'special permission' to visit? Then, it was already late in the day and I couldn't get a hold of anyone. This morning I got her response (and an apology) She thought I was asking when we would be getting him for good. The immense relief I felt left me in a puddle on the floor. We definitely get to have him with us the whole time.
Now, on to the fun things. Planning for the trip! Since we now have 2 of us going, we just got to double the amount of luggage we get to take. My luggage slave is going to come in quite handy! (I need to quit calling her that, but I think it is cute! She laughed when I told her) We are trying to keep to a minimum what we are taking for ourselves. The rest of the space will be things we are taking for other kids. Our agency doesn't let us send packages to our kids like other one's do, so if one of us visits, we take gifts from the other parents to their kids. Of course I also have a huge amount of stuff for Ahren and his Foster Mom. Now that is difficult. What do you give to a woman you have never met, don't know anything about, but who is loving and caring for your child? So far I have a small bag of lotions and bath stuff and a beautiful gold locket that has baby hand prints and hearts on the front. I need to think of some other things. I am also writing her a note in Spanish to tell her how much we appreciate the care she is giving our son.

No comments: