Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Surprise!















We have been talking about a little girl for a long time. We kept trying to get a toddler girl, but each time we were either too late or something else happened. The week before we went to Guatemala, I got a call saying they might have a 5 yr old girl, and Oh by the way, they had just received the information on a baby girl born on my birthday. Somehow, both Chris and I felt drawn to this child, without ever having seen her. The agency arranged for us to see her while we visited. Meet Peri Brynn Jarman, photos taken at 6 days old. She weighed 6.6 pounds at birth and is an absolute angel. Tiny little bone structure, very alert, a good eater, just an absolute little miracle. Hopefully her case wil go smoothly and we will be bringing the two kids home together or at about the same time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I get the PBJ reference in the earlier post!! Very sneaky! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Two! What a surprise! I should have expected something like that from you, Wendy. They're both just beautiful and I hope you get to take them both home soon. My congrats to you and the rest of the family.

Love, Colleen

Krystal said...

Congrats! They are so cute together -- it is like Ahren is leaning in to say, "I will take care of you, little sister" :)

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That is a wonderful gift!!!