Monday, October 09, 2006

Our Exciting News


I have no idea what Chris was looking at.....




OK, I know you have all been dying to know what our exciting news is. Let me lay a little background first. We have been planning our dream home for over a year now. We wanted to stay in the same school zones and still get a bigger piece of land to build on. We had found a wonderful 7 acre piece and thought we had a deal to buy it, but the owners were involved in a bitter divorce battle. After many months of waiting and trying to negotiate, we gave up. Chris then found another piece of property, but to buy it we had to buy a second lot from the sellers at the same time. We decided to go for it and bought both, but separated the titles and loans. We closed on them just a few weeks ago and expect to break ground n our house next week. We were going to list the extra property with a realtor when some people called us about it. They were looking for land and saw the sign by our builder and were curious. We told them about the other lot so they took a look and fell in love with it. In addition to them having cash to buy it outright, their son is a lawyer who will do all the paperwork for free. But the best part? He is an adoption lawyer! He can complete our re-adoption of Ahren when we bring him home. Maybe he can find us that little girl who is dancing around my heart but hasn't been found yet.....

I am hoping that this wave of good luck will extend to our adoption. I could sure use some progress there. Katie and I spent the afternoon Saturday going through everything we need for Ahren (and all the stuff we don't NEED but are taking ;-) and getting it packed. With my super-duper space bags we got everything into one large suitcase and it just barely goes over the 50 lb mark on my scales. I checked with the airlines and the limit is 50 per bag, but if you end up between 50 and 70 lbs it is $25. I will still shoot for 50 max, but I'm not worried that I will have to leave anything behind.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

You guys deserve a little good news, so I'm glad to hear it :) You are getting soooo close to the visit trip, I'm getting anxious to see some wonderful pics of that curly-headed little cutie!!!