Sunday, October 07, 2007

Update

First, thank you so much for the prayers and support. It has absolutely blown me away and yet it has lifted me up and given me the strength to keep moving forward.

We still don't know much about PBJ's condition. I just don't know how she could have deteriorated so fast. Or if she is even as bad as they made it sound. Not knowing is the worst. I have a flight down there early Tuesday morning. Tomorrow I will make arrangements here to have doctors ready to look over her records and give me opinions. I will be meeting with her doctors down there Tuesday afternoon and get copies of all the records to send up here. It is also possible we might be able to get her a medical visa to come to the US immediately. We will try but the US Embassy has not been very supportive of that type of thing, especially not with all the other issues going on right now. I can't even depend on our own government to help us.

I will be travelling alone but a dear friend suggested that our mutual friends who are missionaries down there could come be with me and provide emotional support. The thought of having to do this alone is terrifying and I am so grateful to have someone there to lean on.

I will keep updating as often as I get information. Thank you, all of you, again. Your comments and prayers are wrapped around me like a great nig hug!

13 comments:

Dawn said...

Still praying and hoping you get answers very, very soon.
d

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Have a safe trip and I am praying so hard for you and PBJ.

Anonymous said...

May God give you the peace that passes understanding while you wait for answers. And may the Great Physician heal your daughter. Praying for a safe trip and answers to your questions.

Take care,
Julie

Baby John's Crib said...

I'm praying for your family, and PBJ.

Tam said...

OMG, I was just reading your blog Friday & I come back today to read this! I'm so sorry. I'm praying for your little girl.

Esther said...

you are being lifted up in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Thinking and praying for you guys,
Terri

Shelby said...

Have a safe trip down there. I am praying that she will be ok and that whatever needs to be done will be.

Hawk said...

Hope you have a safe trip...

I lit a prayer candle for PBJ.. such a precious little girl to have to be going through this.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for you and your precious little girl. You and your little one are in my thoughts in prayers.

Candy said...

YOu know I would hop on a Plane and go with you in a SEC...if my hubby would let me..I am so worried about you and PBJ...I am calling you tomorrow

Angel said...

Thinking of you today friend. You are in my prayers. Hugs, Angel

Amy said...

Praying for you and your precious little ones in Guatemala. May God give you wisdom and strength at this time.