Thursday, January 18, 2007

Yesterday (Not by the Beatles)

Yesterday ended up very differently than I imagined. We all started out the day snuggled into our warm cozy house while the city was shut down with ice. I headed into work about 8:30 and Chris headed in about 10 am. Katie was in charge of watching Levi for a couple of hours. Now, the interesting thing about having a 14 year old watch your 3 year old is what you find when you come home. There was part of a half-chewed piece of cheese on the coffee table, wrappers on the floor, a soggy half-eaten bowl of cereal on the table and Levi was still in his pj's. But I walked in to 3 smiling happy kids who had been having a wonderful time. I didn't even mind the mess.

Levi has been battling a cold and over the last couple of days his runny nose has gotten very green and thick. Not good. Then yesterday Katie told me her throat hurt. I took a look and it was horrible! I bundled everyone up and we headed for the walk-in clinic. Katie has strep throat and Levi has an ear infection/sinus infection and most likely strep too. I feel like such a bad mom! Levi didn't act very sick and nobody was running a fever. I was shocked they were this sick. I guess I took them in just in time. So now we have antibiotics times 2 for ten days. Ever since I looked at katie's throat, mine has been feeling funny. I hope it is just my imagination!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh boy...hope you're kids get feeling better and you DO NOT get sick!

Tracy said...

Poor kids :(! I hope the antibiotics kick in and they are feeling better very soon! And hopefully you will be able to avoid catching anything!