Thursday, January 25, 2007

House with Toddlers


Someone asked recently how to keep a house clean with a toddler. Clean? With a toddler? That's hysterical! Here is what our living room looked like one Saturday. Note the bowl of snacks in the lower right. Snacks that are now on the race track and the floor. We have a large bucket for toys in the living room and once or twice a day all the toys get thrown back into the bucket. It's a well known fact that a toddler is obligated to dump everything out of a toy box and then not play with any of it. It's just part of their genetic make-up. So why sweat it? Our house gets messy but it's not dirty. It might be a bit chaotic, but it is full of laughter and smiles and hugs and love.


We have one of those kid-magnet houses. I love it! This is Skylar who lives next door to us. She is 6 years old and in kindergarten. She told me the other night that she is also my daughter and she has two families. Isn't that so sweet? She likes to come over and play, hang out and run errands with me. Levi absoolutely adores her. He says he is going to marry her someday. Way to go Levi!

Now if we can just get our two little Guat babies home, we can really have a kid house! Call me crazy but I love having a very busy house and life. Peace and quiet are totally over-rated. Give me uncontrollable giggling and chaos and I am a happy camper.

3 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

You sound like me. I can't wait to get Maya home so that she can make a huge mess.

Natalie said...

You have such a great attitude about everything! I wish we all could be like that!

Crystal said...

I love the kid magnet house too!!! I want one!!! I love your last couple sentences you read my mind!!! We are thinking about going back and adopting agian --I want the chaotic house --I grew up in a family of seven and I loved it!!! Wendy we are two peas in a pod!!!!!