Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Professional Help

I have thought for a long time that I should probably seek out someone to talk to about the stress of the 'adoptions from hell', layoffs and re-organizations at work, car wrecks, teenagers, modeling careers, step-parents, etc etc etc. I mean, I am only human and how much can one person handle before requiring a white jacket with long arms and rubber wallpaper? The only problem is.....who in the world could truly understand the unique stresses of my life? I need someoneone who gets it. Not someone who offers solutions (which there are none) or advice or platitudes.


I searched and searched for just the right person to dump, I mean share, my problems with. Finally, I found him. He sits for hours and listens, he never offers advice or tries to solve my problems. He never judges me even when I share the ugliest parts of my inner being. He doesn't bat an eye when I tell him I give up. He never gets tired of hearing the same things over and over and over again. He lets me cry and rant and whine and be completely unreasonable and he never seems to mind one bit. He has heard me say ugly, nasty things about others, and I meant them! It doesn't phase him. He is absolutely the perfect listener.


Please meet Dr. T. Bear


4 comments:

Krystal said...

Can you please give me Dr. Bear's number? I think I need to schedule some time with him!!!

Ellie said...

hehehe... Good One!

You know... I have a good ear too! And i don't judge... Ever now and then, I even join your rants!

hehehe...

Dr. T Bear for President~

Hugs

Christina said...

I sooooo need one of these little guys too.

Faith, Family, Future said...

How did I miss this post???? I love it can I have an appt too?

Tammy